sec | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sec

primetime23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
dont some of you think the sec is over-rated big time. every team in there is competing with eachother when they play, its not like theres 4 powerful teams or anything, you got fld barley beating vandy and sc, miss st beats alabama , bama hangs with auburn. I can go on and on. I dont see any difference between the acc and sec. two divisions where any team can beat any team. Ill admit the sec is better than the acc but not by what everyone is saying and on top of that everyone is talking about how **** the acc is. Ill say the big ten is the strongest div. you got osu,mich,wisc as very strong teams that not only win most of the time but they win big most of the time

primetime23 said:
dont some of you think the sec is over-rated big time. every team in there is competing with eachother when they play, its not like theres 4 powerful teams or anything, you got fld barley beating vandy and sc, miss st beats alabama , bama hangs with auburn. I can go on and on. I dont see any difference between the acc and sec. two divisions where any team can beat any team. Ill admit the sec is better than the acc but not by what everyone is saying and on top of that everyone is talking about how **** the acc is. Ill say the big ten is the strongest div. you got osu,mich,wisc as very strong teams that not only win most of the time but they win big most of the time
Ya' know, I heard that LensCrafters is offering some good deals this holiday season.

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
- Laurence J. Peter

primetime23 said:

This part in bold is very true. Not sure that the SEC and ACC should be considered in the same breath though. The SEC is a little over hyped this year that is for sure. The Big 10 has teams ranked #1, #2, #8, and #24 in the BCS.

And like I said before #24 Penn State has only lost to #1 OSU, #2 UM, #5 ND, and #8 Wisconsin. THAT is a pretty tough schedule.

OSUDauby said:
This part in bold is very true. Not sure that the SEC and ACC should be considered in the same breath though. The SEC is a little over hyped this year that is for sure. The Big 10 has teams ranked #1, #2, #8, and #24 in the BCS.

And like I said before #24 Penn State has only lost to #1 OSU, #2 UM, #5 ND, and #8 Wisconsin. THAT is a pretty tough schedule.

A good gauge for this will be whoever plays in the Capital One and Outback Bowls. I would take the loser of the SEC Championship, UT (with a healthy Ainge), LSU, or Auburn over Wisconsin or Penn St. I'm having a hard time seeing this as a down year in the SEC.

Kev83 said:
A good gauge for this will be whoever plays in the Capital One and Outback Bowls. I would take the loser of the SEC Championship, UT (with a healthy Ainge), LSU, or Auburn over Wisconsin or Penn St. I'm having a hard time seeing this as a down year in the SEC.
I never said it was a down year for the SEC. I just said that a lot of people are saying that the Big 10 is weak. All I suggest is that those who think so to gaze at the rankings... #1, #2, #8, & #24 isn't too shabby. I'll agree that there should be another team in the there to make it seem normal. But, when you have 3 teams ranked in the Top 10, it's hard to call that conference weak.

Especially when there is a very real chance of a Big 10 Vs. Big 10 national championship game.

OSUDauby said:
I never said it was a down year for the SEC. I just said that a lot of people are saying that the Big 10 is weak. All I suggest is that those who think so to gaze at the rankings... #1, #2, #8, & #24 isn't too shabby. I'll agree that there should be another team in the there to make it seem normal. But, when you have 3 teams ranked in the Top 10, it's hard to call that conference weak.

Especially when there is a very real chance of a Big 10 Vs. Big 10 national championship game.
I haven't seen anyone doubting the strength of the Big 10. Clearly one of the top 2 Conferences along with the SEC IMO. I'm sure there will be differing opinions. :D

Motion said:
I haven't seen anyone doubting the strength of the Big 10. Clearly one of the top 2 Conferences along with the SEC IMO. I'm sure there will be differing opinions. :D
Oh I know, I wasn't agitated. I haven't heard much Big 10 bashing since the fall of the Big East. I agree that top to bottom the SEC MAY be the best conference, but if that is true, the Big 10 is not very far behind.

Ok, I agree....the Big 10 and SEC are what college football is all about, IMO. Year after year, the most consistently strong conferences. Not doubting the strength, OSUDauby...congrats on an amazing team this yr.

Back
Top Bottom