second best dolphin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

second best dolphin

Phin19

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
i´ve been wondering who would be the second best dolphin (player) ever.
Dan Marino is clearly the best dolphin ever, few would question this, so i´m thinking of the second best.

there are many to look at:

Larry Csonka, Bob Griese, Dwight Stephenson, Larry Little, Jim Langer, Paul Warfield, Nick Bouniconti (hall of famers)
other non hall of famers like the mark brothers, Nat moore, Bryan Cox, Bob Kuechenberg, Richmond Webb, A.J. Duhe . . .
and some current players like Zach Thomas, Ricky Williams, Jason Taylor, Pat Surtain . . .

i think it is really hard to pick one cause many are really close in talent and acomplishments, i think it would have to be Griese, Stephenson or Warfield.
Griese was a very effective QB, he might not have the numbers Marino has but he was a big part of the 70´s fins success . Stephenson might be the best center to ever play the game and Warlfield was probably the best WR of his time.

what do you guys think?, who would you pick and why?
do you agree that Marino is the best dolphin ever? if not who?

Phin19 said:
do you agree that Marino is the best dolphin ever? if not who?

Is the Pope Catholic??

As for the second best, I'd have to give it to Larry Csonka. He was the protoypical back that carried Miami on his back.. Had we had a back half as durable and good as this guy when Marino was in command, Dan would have had at least two Super Bowls under his belt.

Im gonna say Zach Thomas and be the surprise guy out of everyone....

Zach Thomas is going into his ninth season and every year he's been here, hes been an impact player, putting up either above-average or pro bowl numbers....thats amazing consistency

Larry Csonka. Then a few are very close.

Ozzy rules!!

IF his career hadn't been shortened I would have to say Stephenson. That guy was a legend and I believe a big reason why Dan was able to be as comfortable as he was when he just started.

Larry Csonka has already admitted that Ricky is a better running back. He certainly rushed for more yards in one year.

If you're saying who had the most pure talent of any player after Marino, most players and coaches would tell you it was Dwight Stephenson. He's a Hall of Famer in spite of an injury-shortened career. He was the best center the game has ever seen. Interestingly, Dwight played at around 285 lbs, way below today's standards, yet he absolutely dominated the position. Most all-time teams as voted on by coaches, sportswriters, and fans list Stephenson as Center, Larry Allen and John Hannah as guards, Anthony Munoz as tackle, and many would say Ogden is establishing himself as one of the all-time greats.

I would have to say Bob Greise, the guy was an animal!!!!

I would have to go with Dwight for 2nd. He was the best at the center position. Of course I would have to go with AJ Feeley for 3rd.......... NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say Csonka. Without him the dolphins never reach the super bowls in the 70's. He is probably the reason why so many older fans started loving the team. And he could flat out run over people. Third would be greise, Bob that is, not Brian. The man didn't have marinos arm. But he was one smart QB.

Cecil Collins, he was awesome in his many years on the Fins and was always a stand-up guy. He never got in trouble and was a great person on and off the field. :goof:

NCFINFAN38 said:
I would have to go with Dwight for 2nd. He was the best at the center position. Of course I would have to go with AJ Feeley for 3rd.......... NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Player? Too many to consider. The best part of the Dolphins over their history was their Offenseive Line in the early 70's with Larry Little, Jim Langer, Bob Kuchenberg..etc. Without them there would've been NO Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, or Jim Kiick, as many of us older Phin Fans happily remember.:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom