Secondary ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Secondary ?

gdiaz0358

Rookie
Reaction score
can someone please explain what is happening with our secondary? why do we have j.allen starting 1 week and then a.goodman the next then n.jones? i dont get it, i thought j.allen was actually playing really good. he has the size and speed to keep up wit the best of the WR he only got killed by Moss but DOESNT EVERYONE? oh well just asking cuz i was really looking forward to j.allen developing.......

This regime likes to do what last years couldnt. Mix and plug players in different spots and see which one works best. You know how they like to turn over every rock and constantly churn the roster, well Im sure the vast arrays of combinations of players and positions intrigue them just as well. Trial and error till you find something that works, then find somethin that works without this player, that player, this scenario, that yardage, etc. Very long process and evalutation. Last year they didnt even know what to do with Porter. Look at him now. Put the right player in the right position, and he will be more likely to maximize his potential.

can someone please explain what is happening with our secondary? why do we have j.allen starting 1 week and then a.goodman the next then n.jones? i dont get it, i thought j.allen was actually playing really good. he has the size and speed to keep up wit the best of the WR he only got killed by Moss but DOESNT EVERYONE? oh well just asking cuz i was really looking forward to j.allen developing.......
I think he is still recovering from that broken hand and they are trying to see what the other guys can do in the mean time. I expect him to push for the starting job next season when he has a full season at CB under his belt.

I think he is still recovering from that broken hand and they are trying to see what the other guys can do in the mean time. I expect him to push for the starting job next season when he has a full season at CB under his belt.

I hope after 3 seasons behind him our 1st round draft pick can finally make a case for a starting postion. I hope your right about it, unfortunatly I dont think its going to be the case.

I am at a loss as to what saban saw in him to go after him so prematurly. I will give him that he is a solid tackler. Problem is he has terrible instincts. If the reciever catches a pass underneath and he has a decent line on him, he does drill the guy. This makes him a decent special teamer, it does not make him good at DB.

This is the same kid who was a holdout his rookie year. If there was anyone in the history of football who needed to be in camp the very first day, it was him. I do think JA is going to be given one more season to get his act together, but its not because our staff has faith in him blossoming. It is because we dont have enough resources to adress all our postions of need and I think both lines and our LB's will be the focus of this next off season, unless they see someone they really think is special at some other postion. If we put a strong pass rush on the field it will mask our deficency in the secondary.

dont missunderstand me. I am rooting for him to workout. We used a 1st rd pick on him and it would be gratifing if he makes it to a starter postion, but I am not confident that he will.

Back
Top Bottom