Sedrick Ellis? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sedrick Ellis?

DolFan31

aka FinSane
Reaction score
My first mock draft had Chris Long as our first pick. I still like him, and believe he will be a menace to QBs. Well, we need run support more than we need pressure at QB and we lack a run stuffing DT, especially if Holliday gets hurts again. We need a guy who can play the 3-4. I think Long can play in the 3-4, but he's not a DT, we have JT and Vonnie right now, why not grab Sedrick Ellis instead? He's big, but not overweight(309). He has speed, he literally gobbled up the QBs in the Senior Bowl. I would be happy with either, but I want Ellis just a little more, for the fact that Im tired of being ran over and stomped on on defense. I dont think much of Glenn Dorsey, I dont think he would fit here and he just seems to me to be damaged goods, I cant get over it. So how about Sed?

Sedrick Ellis is awesome, but I don't think he should be number one. if we trade down a few spots and Chris Long isn't available, then I would definitely select Ellis

Ellis would be a great pickup. You get all these flashy names that the draft gurus throw out there trying to get everyone all riled up, and no one thinks about what Miami actually needs.

Everyone ripped into Houston for taking Williams over Bush. Seems like Houston made the better choice there.

Ellis is not in the same class as guys like Chris Long, and Glenn Dorsey. He gets single blocked five yards down field routinely and is a non-factor against the run. Yeah, he flashes, but flashes don't carry an elite grade.

Back
Top Bottom