See Ya Brian! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

See Ya Brian!

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Still no word on a Fiedler exit, though...

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

GRIESE GOING SOON

In Miami, it seems, there's room for only one quarterbacking surname that traces to the team's past days of glory.

A league source tells us that the Dolphins, under new V.P. of football operations Dan Marino, will soon part ways with quarterback Brian Griese, the son of former Dolphins quarterback Bob Griese.

Though Marino was far more talented than the elder Griese, Bob ended up with two of the thing that Dan covets most -- a Super Bowl ring.

Brian Griese signed a two-year deal last June, which included a huge roster bonus for 2004. The practical result of the contract was that either a new deal would be done after one year, or Griese would get the boot.

We hear that the Steelers, the Chargers, and the Bears are interested in Griese.

Griese really should have a shot at starting for one among the Steelers, the Chargers or the Bears. I don't have any interest in him being with the Fins except, perhaps, as a back-up at a back-up's salary.

Just curious: who here thinks that the current starters for the Steelers, Chargers or Bears are clearly better choices than Griese?

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Griese really should have a shot at starting for one among the Steelers, the Chargers or the Bears. I don't have any interest in him being with the Fins except, perhaps, as a back-up at a back-up's salary.

Just curious: who here thinks that the current starters for the Steelers, Chargers or Bears are clearly better choices than Griese?

I think that Tommy Maddox is better than Brian Griese. The Bears are going to start Rex Grossman and he is probably going to be better as well. Brees is pretty bad though, I wouldn't say he is better than Griese.

I don't think Griese will start in the NFL next season.

A. Thats just a rumor from a HORRIBLE source, looking to sell ads with whatever they can invent. Of course its possible but I would not start celebrating.
B. Jay is FAR worse. If Dan (he is my fav player of all time) cuts BG before Jay he is starting out on a terrible foot. BG only had 4 games without a presaeason and Jay has made the team worse every year.
C. I if BG goes Jay will go first. Jay DEMANDS a starting position and he SUCKS. Additionally Dan never liked Jay so perhaps your post should read

" SEE YA JAY!!":rolleyes:

i agree dreadlockera........BG came in at the last second with very little time to prepare........our offensive line was horrible this year.....HORRIBLE..........the year before our line helped ricky get 1853 yards and fiedler still lost the season for us........even ricky cant win all the games in spite of fiedlers INT's per game

Originally posted by dreadlockera
A. Thats just a rumor from a HORRIBLE source, looking to sell ads with whatever they can invent. Of course its possible but I would not start celebrating.
B. Jay is FAR worse. If Dan (he is my fav player of all time) cuts BG before Jay he is starting out on a terrible foot. BG only had 4 games without a presaeason and Jay has made the team worse every year.
C. I if BG goes Jay will go first. Jay DEMANDS a starting position and he SUCKS. Additionally Dan never liked Jay so perhaps your post should read

Jay far worse?:lol:

bg sucks aite. stop sticking up for him. he came in a lit up a secondary that was starting 3 rookies for a qtr, then did nothing after that. i know, his passes are pretty, but he's also a statue, ask buffalo about how well things go with a statue. i'm sure circlingwagons or somebody else will tell ya.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I Apologize but I have to disagree with you on BG over Jay.

BG played for 4 seasons with Denver his record has been 29-29 during his career. Denver had better talent in that offensive unit then Miami has over the last 4 years. They released him due to his lack of leadership and gets rattled when pressured. Ask any Denver fan that loves their team. Hell they have mention that in previous threads over 2 months ago.

Now JF, has a record of 36-17 over the last 4 years, and I don't want to hear that it was the defense that won those games, because the defense that Denver had was almost as good as ours when BG was playing with them.

Bottom line is that Dan is a QB, he knows what it takes in skills and talent, and if he is saying that BG will be the first to go than BG is no better than Fiedler.

jay has had 4 years and didn't get it done cut him!....... BG.......IF he does a major restructure should be given a shot.............mean time..........get a stud in here......with a nasty oline for protection

Originally posted by pgsmelt
jay has had 4 years and didn't get it done cut him!....... BG.......IF he does a major restructure should be given a shot.............mean time..........get a stud in here......with a nasty oline for protection

I SECOND THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama
i agree dreadlockera........BG came in at the last second with very little time to prepare........our offensive line was horrible this year.....HORRIBLE..........the year before our line helped ricky get 1853 yards and fiedler still lost the season for us........even ricky cant win all the games in spite of fiedlers INT's per game

Denver's OL wasn't bad, so explain him in Denver.

The Last 2 Games of the 02' Season....

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama

I want to give my opinion on this one....

I will call it and place the blame on where the facts lie....

The DEFENSE cost us the Minn game...

We lost the Minn game 17-20. We scored 10 points in the second half. The Minn game was lost in the last 2 quarters.

The facts are that the DEFENSE let Minn score 17 points in that time (7 in the 3rd and 10 in the 4th) . Minn had at 35 to 24 TOP in the game, which means that Minn owned the MIA D when we needed that game...

The DEFENSE cost us the NE game...

We lost the NE game 24-27 in OT. We were ahead 24-13 with less than 5 minutes left in the game. What does our defense do? Give up a TD, a 2 point conv, and a FG to let NE tie the game...

Then NE gets the ball in OT and our defense lets NE drive the ball down to the MIA 17 yd for a 35 yd field goal...

Bottom line, FAILURE OF THE DEFENSE TO STOP THESE TEAMS, when we were ahead, in those games, DID COST US THE SEASON...

Last edited by a moderator:
Was BG really given a chance as the Fins QB? He played in 4 1/2 games. After his first game vs. SD, everybody was saying Jay who. The Colts game came down to one play, whose fault was it on that fumble, take a pick. Bottom line the Fins were in the game all the way. The Titans game, lets not even go there. Ravens game, even though the score was 9-6, we won, sure more offense woulda been nice, the Ravens do have a solid D. The Skins game he played awful the 1st half, enter Fielder 2nd half, that's it BG you're toast as QB for the Fins.
I not saying he should be the starting QB, I just don't think he was given a fair shot. JMO

Originally posted by ajdoggie
Was BG really given a chance as the Fins QB? He played in 4 1/2 games. After his first game vs. SD, everybody was saying Jay who. The Colts game came down to one play, whose fault was it on that fumble, take a pick. Bottom line the Fins were in the game all the way. The Titans game, lets not even go there. Ravens game, even though the score was 9-6, we won, sure more offense woulda been nice, the Ravens do have a solid D. The Skins game he played awful the 1st half, enter Fielder 2nd half, that's it BG you're toast as QB for the Fins.
I not saying he should be the starting QB, I just don't think he was given a fair shot. JMO

i think/thought he was garbage before the finz signed him. he had too many opportunities to shine with a much better cast in denver. he got a fair shake, it just became apparant that he was not the answer.

Back
Top Bottom