See Ya Brian! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

See Ya Brian!

Brian lost us 3 games out of 5...Jay lost us 3 out of 11...enough said...

? What are you talking about? Brian didn't lose the entire Tenn. game. The friggin Titans kicked our D's *** all over the field. The Colts game? By getting rammed a second after the play started?

Are you saying the Redskins game? That's hypocrisy. Last year when Lucas went out against the Bills and Jay came in he sucked horribly and yet Lucas got the loss. When Griese was taken out and Jay came in and the team performed we give Jay the win? Isn't it supposed to work both ways?

So all of Griese's losses plus one that was not lost counts against him, yet not all Jay's games count against him. No not enough said...

Now this doesn't mean Griese should be kept.

Originally posted by Jaj
? What are you talking about? Brian didn't lose the entire Tenn. game. The friggin Titans kicked our D's *** all over the field. The Colts game? By getting rammed a second after the play started?

Are you saying the Redskins game? That's hypocrisy. Last year when Lucas went out against the Bills and Jay came in he sucked horribly and yet Lucas got the loss. When Griese was taken out and Jay came in and the team performed we give Jay the win? Isn't it supposed to work both ways?

So all of Griese's losses plus one that was not lost counts against him, yet not all Jay's games count against him. No not enough said...

Now this doesn't mean Griese should be kept.

The thing to me that was the most disheartening about how both of these guys played was the fact that they KNEW they had a green/sub-par Oline, and didn't alter their reactions/pocket presence around it.

Nothing worse than a QB that fumbles his *** off when he KNOWS he's gonna have the herd breathing down his neck. Ya...the Oline sucked...they knew that too.

They should've been able to at LEAST put that in their minds while playing. I'm not saying they never would've been sacked...but they damn sure wouldn't have fumbled as much.

In case you can't tell....I HATE FUMBLES!!!!!

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Griese really should have a shot at starting for one among the Steelers, the Chargers or the Bears. I don't have any interest in him being with the Fins except, perhaps, as a back-up at a back-up's salary.

Just curious: who here thinks that the current starters for the Steelers, Chargers or Bears are clearly better choices than Griese?

The Chargers whiffed on Ryan Leaf and passed on Michael Vick. Think they'll go for the hat trick and pass on Eli? I doubt it.

The Bears just spent a first round pick on Rex Grossman and it's time for him to play. Why would they want Griese? As a high priced back-up? That's not the Chicago team I've been watching for the past 30 years.

Maddox had a good year with a good line and a bad one with a below average line. If the Steelers fix the line, they probably fix Maddox. If they don't, is "Mr. Mobility" Brian Griese going to do better? I don't think so.

I wish Griese the best of luck were ever he goes. He kind of got a raw deal because of the OL. Griese is a pocket passer yes you can call it a statue an that is a major downfall. Griese can throw some of the prettiest passes but he don't move around enough all around qb no he is not better that Fiedler. I also believe if he started for us last year he would have put up better #'s than Fiedler. Everybody can say what they want but our O-line was better in 2002 that it was in 2003.

well...guys.........

hmm..all good cases. I think that their both equally bad. But I think out of the 2, BG should get the shot.

First we have to look at what did happen. Griese had little time to prepare, as he was a cut after the first he got less than normal, and was injured right away. Then he had to come in with no OL, and was expected to lead the O. I'm not saying that he's better than Jay, I'm saying he has the bigger upside. When he had time, he made beautiful throws, right on the money, in stride. He was a threat to the defense. WOrst case scenario, he takes a dive again. What's wrong with that? I'm not WANTING us to dive next season, but I'd rather take my chances with him, than KNOWING we'll have a mediocre QB in Jay.

Having Jay as our QB is an automatic handicapp. He's WAY too inconsistent, and doesn't have a strong arm. When given time he doesn't make the throws. With Brian, at least the defense will have to keep an eye on him. With Jay, they'll continue to stack the box.

And another thing. The D knows Brian is a pocket QB, and gets shaken easy. If we patch the OL up just a bit to give him a little time, I'll LOVE to see them rush him every play. When that happens, Ricky will get the ball, and break into the secondary. Remember him tearing the bills a new one 2 years ago? They came on the blitz a LOT that game. One hit, sometimes in the backfield, and he stays up for a good 4-5 yards. Let them rush Brian, and uver pursue, we'll ram Ricky down their throat.

look at bledsoe.....he sux behind buffalo's offensive line......but he is far superior in qb quality to fiedler

I DESPISE Griese, and can't wait for the day he is released. But not even i blame him for losing the Titans game. Every facet of our team sucked that day, when you get beat so badly, debating who sucked more is pointless.

For as much blame thats dished out for the QB's for the losses, the defense deserves far more blame for a handful of games. Its easier for alot of fans to blame Fiedler, and in this case Griese, cause god forbid the defense ever be blamed right, (insert comeback of; we have # of probowlers, here)

Back
Top Bottom