Seeing A Way Through To Next Year... Charlie Weis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seeing A Way Through To Next Year... Charlie Weis

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
I am among the fans who did not want Dave W. Retained. I like Dave as a person (From what I know), but I don't see him winning a SB. Nevertheless, I hope we win it all this year - that Dan and Rick put together a great team.

However, if things turn out the way I would guess, if I were a gambler and were betting money - I would not bet that we would be in the AFC Championship, let alone get to the SB and win it!

But, I can see a real opportunity for us, if we are smart. There is little doubt that the smartest staff in the NFL is the Patriots Triumvirate of Belichick, Weis and Crennel. They have been able to use good but not great talent to their fullest potential.

Unless Weis goes with the Raiders (I would be surprised, but it's a possible), he will be available next year. Weis is a fine offensive mind, a good motivator, AND has been with Belichick/Parcells since 1988.

Weis would bring new leadership in coaching. He would bring a good offensive system. And, he knows about Belichick's excellent defensive schemes. He could also bring someone like Pepper Johnson (currently the Patriots LB coach who has been playing under Belichick or coaching under him since 1986!) - to be the Defensive Coordinator.

I think that scenario is both possible and ideal - unless Dave W fools everyone - which would be just fine as well!

that dudes on his last legs. he's gonna be dead in like 2 years. no sense in wasting time in a walking time bomb.

He was one of the coaches I would hoping we would get to replace Wanstedt. There are a few coordinators out there that would make excellent head coaches. Sometime Wayne scares me though, It seems like he goes for the big names because he thinks it will make the fans happy. But the fans who know their football, know that the big names don't always work out so well. As you can see from our lack of playoff appearances in the last two seasons, and the success of New England.

Originally posted by InMyChambers
that dudes on his last legs. he's gonna be dead in like 2 years. no sense in wasting time in a walking time bomb.

I agree with the original post and the BS about him being almost dead is just that BS. He almost died in surgery. I dont hink he is going under the knife again so he should be fine. He would be great hurting NE and helping us.

But we are still stuck with dumb a$$ Dave anyways so anything else is useless to even discuss at this time I suppose.

Would Danny boy hire a Patriot to be the head coach of the Dolphins? I was shocked yeaterday when Larry Csonka said that he wanted the Patriots to bring back the Super Bowl for the AFC? Just dosent seem right, most of the people here would be happy if the Patriots lost to the Panthers by 60 points in the Super Bowl.

Are you guys out of your mind? A lot of Pats fans don't even like Weis. I didn't want Wannstedt back either but, I'll take him over Weis.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
Are you guys out of your mind? A lot of Pats fans don't even like Weis. I didn't want Wannstedt back either but, I'll take him over Weis.

Oh, wow, I didn't know that! You mean Boston fans don't like one of their coaches? Well, fire off an e-mail to Dan so he can know that and not hire Weis! After all, we fans know SO MUCH MORE than others do. And of course, that's why Tom Brady just SUCKS and will NEVER EVER win a SB (oops!).

Please. Make an argument. Demonstrate that he's a lousy coach and I'll be glad to deal with that.

Originally posted by pats4life
Would Danny boy hire a Patriot to be the head coach of the Dolphins? I was shocked yeaterday when Larry Csonka said that he wanted the Patriots to bring back the Super Bowl for the AFC? Just dosent seem right, most of the people here would be happy if the Patriots lost to the Panthers by 60 points in the Super Bowl.

You have to be as old as Larry Csonka to appreciate what he said. He came in to the league right at the start of the AFL/NFL merger. At that time, whoever won the AFC, or vice versa, the rest of the teams would root for them b/c there was still a "league" rivalry going on.

Larry's just old school and there isn't as much of an AFC/NFC rivalry anymore - certainly not that much among fans. Now, when the NFC was winning every SB on earth from 1984 to 1996 or so, the entire AFC was pretty happy to see Denver finally win one.

Weis is truly overrated.. His offense couldnt score within the Colts redzone D.. The Pats should have blown out the Colts the way their D was playing, but they didnt. In fact, probably the only reason that team hasnt blown anyone out is because of their O..

And look at the playcalling at the end that could have cost NE the game.. Roll Brady out?? WTF? If Wanny did that crap we would have torn him a new one since fiedler most likely wouldnt have had his knee down in time.. the Colts would have recovered, and Manning would have marched down the field for a win.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Weis is truly overrated.. His offense couldnt score within the Colts redzone D.. The Pats should have blown out the Colts the way their D was playing, but they didnt. In fact, probably the only reason that team hasnt blown anyone out is because of their O..

And look at the playcalling at the end that could have cost NE the game.. Roll Brady out?? WTF? If Wanny did that crap we would have torn him a new one since fiedler most likely wouldnt have had his knee down in time.. the Colts would have recovered, and Manning would have marched down the field for a win.

I dont put all that on Weiss, Fariua dropped two in the end zone and Brady threw a INT in the end zone as well, the plays to make T.D's were there the players did not exacute on a few plays I dont blame Weiss for that, I thought he call a good game, but I'm with you on the roll out not sure what the thinking on that play was.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

You have to be as old as Larry Csonka to appreciate what he said. He came in to the league right at the start of the AFL/NFL merger. At that time, whoever won the AFC, or vice versa, the rest of the teams would root for them b/c there was still a "league" rivalry going on.

Larry's just old school and there isn't as much of an AFC/NFC rivalry anymore - certainly not that much among fans. Now, when the NFC was winning every SB on earth from 1984 to 1996 or so, the entire AFC was pretty happy to see Denver finally win one.

Excellent perspective. I can remember as recently as the 80's rooting for the AFC in the pro bowl even. The AFC was the doormat for the NFC for so long that it's funny that no one cares anymore (including myself).

Time marches on...

Originally posted by Seymour93

Excellent perspective. I can remember as recently as the 80's rooting for the AFC in the pro bowl even. The AFC was the doormat for the NFC for so long that it's funny that no one cares anymore (including myself).

Time marches on...

I'm STILL pro-AFC over NFC....but I also pull for the underdog in the SB....if they haven't won a SB yet. Hence Carolina.

Anyone watch the game yesterday? The Pats offense managed exactly one TD against a very suspect Indi Defense. As for the Pats defense, they shut down the hottest player in the league with an assortment of blitzes and cover packages that confused the hell out of the Colts Offense.

My point: Romeo Cremmel should be on the top of everyones wish list, no Weis.

Cremmel understands how to run a defense and makes the calls on gameday. Bellicheck may get credit for being the architect of the Pats D, but make no mistake - Cremmel runs the show out there and deserves his due.

Back
Top Bottom