Senior Bowl is around the corner.....here's some info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl is around the corner.....here's some info

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The senior bowl is big for the draft of course. Many of these guys will be drafted. The practices imo mean more than the actual game. Good to see the one on one's with O line against Dline. Anyway, here's all you need to know about it.

Thanks Danny, Wow...2 more weeks to go, and the east-west all start game next week! Sweet....

Fun times... the defenses usually suck in these things, but if you like scoring... Boo-ya!

The senior bowl is big for the draft of course. Many of these guys will be drafted. The practices imo mean more than the actual game. Good to see the one on one's with O line against Dline. Anyway, here's all you need to know about it.

I am still shocked that Huntley is not on that list. if Montez, Patterson, and Gordon are on the list, Huntley should be as well.

I am still shocked that Huntley is not on that list. if Montez, Patterson, and Gordon are on the list, Huntley should be as well.

I agree, I think they've just looked at the schools these kids are at and handed them invites based on that. If anyone drafts Shea Patterson for example, I would seriously question the abilities of their scouting department.

I agree, I think they've just looked at the schools these kids are at and handed them invites based on that. If anyone drafts Shea Patterson for example, I would seriously question the abilities of their scouting department.
Do you mean draft him AT ALL, or in the first few rounds?
He seems like a guy, to me, maybe rounds 5-7 if you've got an extra pick or two and your starting QB is set, take a chance on him, maybe he plays well in pre-season or as a back up you can flip him. If not, well it was an extra late rounder.
But I'm no scout.

Do you mean draft him AT ALL, or in the first few rounds?
He seems like a guy, to me, maybe rounds 5-7 if you've got an extra pick or two and your starting QB is set, take a chance on him, maybe he plays well in pre-season or as a back up you can flip him. If not, well it was an extra late rounder.
But I'm no scout.

I think he's someone if you do draft him in the 5 - 7 rounds, you have essentially wasted a pick. There is literally nothing about him that makes me think, and again I'm no scout either, that he will even be good enough to be a back up in this league. The thing that pushed me over the edge with with was the sight of the kid throwing the ball totally inaccurately while wearing a glove at his bowl game in Orlando, Florida. He's not really a Larmar Jackson or Jalen Hurts type kid that can hurt you with his legs either. If I'm a GM, and obviously taking a flier on kids in that range, I would be looking at about 200 kids before him, even in this QB class Huntley, Mond and Bryant, who are probably in the same conversation when you are looking at a late round QB that you hope can become another Gardner Minshew, are more appealing prospects. I see Patterson as a UDFA, camp arm, that may well end up in the CFL eventually but at best ends up on someone PS next season before disappearing into obscurity.

You can bet he's going to win 7 superbowls now and be the new GOAT :)

I think there's more to see here than just QB's. We've all seen the QB's enough. I want to see the O Line guys and the Edge players and some of the corners and safeties. Also some of the WR's in this game that could go in the 3rd or 4th round range.

Fun times... the defenses usually suck in these things, but if you like scoring... Boo-ya!

That's not really the history. Last year was the first Senior Bowl since 2002 in which the losing team scored more than 18 points.

The East West Shrine Game has been very low scoring recently...none of the past 6 games reaching 40 points and three of them below 25 points.

So tbe bengals and lions staffs are coaching? That sucks

Yeah, it typically goes to the first two teams in the draft order but your staff has to be intact so with the redskins having just hired Rivera they aren’t eligible, nor would have the giants been.

With as many picks as we have this year you have to think at least two or 3 of the players in this game could be drafted by us if not more. So I'm looking forward to watching the game but more than anything the practices.

That's not really the history. Last year was the first Senior Bowl since 2002 in which the losing team scored more than 18 points.

The East West Shrine Game has been very low scoring recently...none of the past 6 games reaching 40 points and three of them below 25 points.

Probably because good defensive players are more plentiful than good offensive players. Offenses don't get the advantage of getting on the same page, but the D's aren't allowed to blitz, and they're playing simple coverages - often with as much Man as possible. So, I think it's more about the talent. The defenders are winning more of the 1-on-1 matchups.

Back
Top Bottom