Senior bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior bowl

finfan54 said:
They all have some trouble somewhere. If Vince young were on display right now, he would have bad throws ect. but its not a game situation, and that is what Vince Young is all about. He wins championships.

You're probably right!

Could you imagine the pressure too with all those HC's out there watching you're every move.

finfan54 said:
Da'Brick in the house! Ferguson that is.......He is defenitely the best LT out there. A good LT will be available for us in the 2nd round I believe or even later rounds if Houck has his eyes on some sleeper somewhere.

I think he will be available to us if hes there in the first round. I think hes first round material. YOu cant pass up franchise LT/Tackles.

Then again, Im just a fickled fan that loves every player that is good...
LOL

Dolfan4life! said:
That would be the reach of the century. Saban wont reach.

Jay Cutler used to be a reach. Now he is considered to be top 5 practically. Just wait. Like I said, if Croyle shows good stuff in the game this Saturday, then things change again. Its really not rocket science. QB's are a premium and the thing about Croyle may be his ability to read defenses and letting the game come to him. The intangbiles in other words. They say his only knock is his weight and injury past, but we all know Saban will not let that deter him (channing crowder) A reach is relevant to change. the market decides the change. Thats why peoples stock rises and falls. And you know damn well you arent going to hear boo out of saban other than the obvious.

Lappy said:
You're probably right!

Could you imagine the pressure too with all those HC's out there watching you're every move.

With his legs, not his arm. I like Young, but we need a QB first, Scrambler second. The main thing with young is that they are going to re-teach him on his mechanics about throwing. No coach wants a QB that can throw that way. As for Cutler thats his strengths. Arm strength and Mechanics..

Throwing QB's last alot younger than Scamblers. Ask steve young for his insight.
I would still take young if cutler wasnt available.

people forget, their is one thing that cant be taught and that is speed. You can teach qbs how to read defenses, 3 to 5 step drops, etc. You cant teach armstrength and speed, either you have it or dont!

AquaAssasin said:
With his legs, not his arm. I like Young, but we need a QB first, Scrambler second. The main thing with young is that they are going to re-teach him on his mechanics about throwing. No coach wants a QB that can throw that way. As for Cutler thats his strengths. Arm strength and Mechanics..

Throwing QB's last alot younger than Scamblers. Ask steve young for his insight.

Vince Young looked like a man-child last year! and like I said I never watched Cutler really at all but I have been looking at his stats and some high lights of him and am starting to see the light there also.

I'd like us to do something with one of those guys, I'm just trying to figure out how.

Lappy said:
Vince Young looked like a man-child last year! and like I said I never watched Cutler really at all but I have been looking at his stats and some high lights of him and am starting to see the light there also.

I'd like us to do something with one of those guys, I'm just trying to figure out how.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the draft. I know cutler will be picked in the top five. Its going to suck for us...

AquaAssasin said:
people forget, their is one thing that cant be taught and that is speed. You can teach qbs how to read defenses, 3 to 5 step drops, etc. You cant teach armstrength and speed, either you have it or dont!

Ryan Leaf had it. It just goes to show that a QB mental make up is the most important aspect of the position.

wyo said:
Ryan Leaf had it. It just goes to show that a QB mental make up is the most important aspect of the position.

actually thats debatable. I disagree..

AquaAssasin said:
I think he will be available to us if hes there in the first round. I think hes first round material. YOu cant pass up franchise LT/Tackles.

Then again, Im just a fickled fan that loves every player that is good...
LOL

Brick will be gone in the top 5. we don't have a chance.

wyo said:

you also forget to mention that ryan leaf was a headcase. so your point isnt valid.

AquaAssasin said:
Did any of you guys watch the senior practices. I got one thing to say. Jay Cutler! Boy does he have a arm. This cat is better than Rivers if you were to compare their senior practices and drills.

He throws it like a baseball (over the top). Very good speed. I hope saban gets a shot at him (whivh I doubt).

It would be nice though...

As much as Rivers impressed last year, it was the intangibles that impressed teams, not his arm strength...But Cutler is pulling a Rivers here and has moved into the top 10 picks and may climb into the top 5 before it's over...

Back
Top Bottom