Serious bone to pick about rb's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Serious bone to pick about rb's

aquaman

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone keepssaying they are old (edge,alex) but just how old are they, isn'tshaun just 3 yrs in? thats not too bad and he did not carry the ball alot his rookie year so I think hes still fresh and not injury prone... can someone validate this for me.

this will be his 6th year in... and RBs just dont last as long as other positions, statistally they start to decline about 7 seasons in, around when they hit 30... just from the pounding they take... shaun will be 28 when the season starts... i mean there are exceptions but MOST dont last well into their 30s

the exception to the rule is curtis martin....that prick had a hell of a yr at 33

it depends on the RB also, if the RB is like Marcus Allen and avoids the direct hits then he could last longer

arsenal said:
this will be his 6th year in... and RBs just dont last as long as other positions, statistally they start to decline about 7 seasons in, around when they hit 30... just from the pounding they take... shaun will be 28 when the season starts... i mean there are exceptions but MOST dont last well into their 30s

7 years in is being nice. The average Rb lasts 3-5 years, no decline needed.

Back
Top Bottom