Serious Question, Just want thoughts on this | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Serious Question, Just want thoughts on this

rainmaker1313

Active Roster
Reaction score
Let say we drafted Andrew Luck and did our normal other draft picks and pick-ups and trades (nothing extraordinary). We pick up Gruden as well for Head Coach. Is this a 2-3 year rebuilding process otr do you think we have enough pieces as it is to become a play-off contender right out of the gate ?????

Let say we drafted Andrew Luck and did our normal other draft picks and pick-ups and trades (nothing extraordinary). We pick up Gruden as well for Head Coach. Is this a 2-3 year rebuilding process otr do you think we have enough pieces as it is to become a play-off contender right out of the gate ?????

After 2007 I remember resigning myself to the Dolphins not being good for a very long time. They won the division in 2008. Football is a funny game, and I can't rule anything out.

If Luck is as good as many of us think he is I believe we would contend for a playoff spot, but to be super bowl contenders we would need some other moves to pan out and it might take 3+ years.

We've never had a franchise Qb obviously since marino. If luck is as good as they say..trust me it wont take long to be respectable again all of a sudden you dont need to have the best o-line, WR,TE,RB etc etc etc

We've never had a franchise Qb obviously since marino. If luck is as good as they say..trust me it wont take long to be respectable again all of a sudden you dont need to have the best o-line, WR,TE,RB etc etc etc

I think with a new coach and a 1st round QB plus a good draft and a few free agents we will be contenders again soon. A lot of things have to fall our way like they did in 08.

No until we fix our line play on both side of the ball we will suck.

No until we fix our line play on both side of the ball we will suck.

Should be the first concern for a new coach. I'd spent a couple of higher round picks on O lineman. Also be watching the waiver wire . Three or four good lineman came available and we passed this year.

Should be the first concern for a new coach. I'd spent a couple of higher round picks on O lineman. Also be watching the waiver wire . Three or four good lineman came available and we passed this year.
After QB.

We went from 1-15 to 11-5 in one year so a turnaround can happen very quickly.....but most likely it will take a couple years. I just want us to get a franchise QB and start heading in the right direction.

Yep Miami will have another last place schedule next year playing the AFC South and the NFC West. Playoffs!

Back
Top Bottom