Seth McKinney in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seth McKinney in Miami

TSN also says that he has the best intangibles among Centers (An intelligent leader)

He sounds like Ruddy! heh

What about the possibility of moving Ruddy to guard? That was mentioned a few months ago. Or there is the possibility that both could play both guard and center. That interchangeability might confuse the defensive linemen.

Originally posted by dolphan39
not positive for a 3rd rounder: Summary: A very good player who gets the most out of his talent but has some size and ability limitations. Will need some help with big nose tackles but has the potential to play in the NFL. However, like his brother, probably will not be a first-day pick and is not quite as athletic or powerful as his brother is.

That article also said he would be a second day pick. Maybe a little reaching going on?

We can still come back tomorrow and get Bilba, Heitman, or Gonzalez. Good pick on McKinny. Building an o-line of the future.

TSN had him listed as a third-round choice.

Keep in mind that this time last year, he was rated as the top center in college!

I can't believe we passed on Metcalf! And now we can't get Johnson! I don't like the McKinney pick.

Originally posted by booyeah_
I can't believe we passed on Metcalf! And now we can't get Johnson! I don't like the McKinney pick.
I do not get that unless it is something about Metcalf's character we do not know about

From that article:

Summary: A very good player who gets the most out of his talent but has some size and ability limitations. Will need some help with big nose tackles but has the potential to play in the NFL. However, like his brother, probably will not be a first-day pick and is not quite as athletic or powerful as his brother is.

So are we reaching here or what? Does Wanny really want a replacement for Ruddy that badly??

We have some of the best scouting personel in the NFL. Remember Dan Marino was the last QB taken in the first round...let's just see what happens

Maybe Wanny feels McKinney can start at C eventually. Or maybe he feels he can compete for one of the G positions. Maybe he's considering trading Ruddy now? Who knows...

Remember, this is the man who chose OLIN KREUTZ while in Chicago in, yup, the THIRD ROUND.

Who knows what McKinney might turn into...

I wouldn't call it a reach. McKinney was slated to go in the late third/early fourth by most publications. Metcalf, Johnson and Brown are the only players I know who were still on the board who were guys who "slipped" big time, and one of them is an OG, so it seems like Wanny really felt good about McKinney with our first pick.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
From that article:

So are we reaching here or what? Does Wanny really want a replacement for Ruddy that badly??

Exactly Van! It was a reach, even though we could have had steals in Johnson or Metcalf.

Originally posted by Miamian
What about the possibility of moving Ruddy to guard? That was mentioned a few months ago. Or there is the possibility that both could play both guard and center. That interchangeability might confuse the defensive linemen.
interesting what NO said of their 2nd round pick:

Saints | Understudy - At First - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
19:48 PT: The AP reports New Orleans Saints second-round draft pick, OL LeCharles Bentley of Ohio State, is expected to be an understudy at center to incumbent C Jerry Fontenot, who has been in the league 14 years. "I know his game and I look forward to working with him and learning from him,'' Bentley said. "But wherever they put me is fine with me." The Saints will probably start Bentley at guard and let him learn the center position, coach Jim Haslett said.

could be what happens w/us if McK' starts

Metcalf slid a lot, as well. Obviously if we felt as good about Metcalf as some of the publications did, we would have taken him over McKinney.

Maybe Wanny feels real good about the DE position, too, and that's why he didn't take Johnson or Brown. Maybe Johnson and Brown slipped quite a bit for a very serious reason? Who knows...

I do know that the way some fans have been talking lately, it seemed like we were guaranteed to have 50% of the fans complaining if we DID NOT take an OL with this pick, really.

I'm kind of bummed out we didn't get Marquise Walker.

I just read the bio on metcalf and was not impressed ...I am glad that we picked McKinney! He sounds like a hard working guy with smarts (and hopefully a little nastyness ) Ruddy is getting older and injuries may be a concern.. my guess is he adds depth at center and possibly guard. I wanted a offensive line man and dont know that we could have done a whole lot better . Still hoping we grab either gonzales or bibla later tomorrow!!!!Wouldnt mind a tight end either!

Back
Top Bottom