Seth McKinney in Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seth McKinney in Miami

Originally posted by dolphan39
AFAIK Searcy played RT

Thats correct, but he did play some LT at UM. He might be able too, but I think he will be fine at RG. He is used to playing on the right in the NFL, and RG is the easiest of all line positions............it's if he can stay healthy!

Since Everyone Else Put Their Two Cents In...

I can't say that I was overly excited by this pick, but how excited can one get when your team is picking in the third round at #90 overall?? Coming into the draft I knew nothing about this guy (I'm definitely not a "draftnick," nor do I follow every college team in the nation) but the more I read about him, the more I like him for the 'Fins. He potentially helps us solve two problems if he can work into the starting lineup at RG and be a sufficient understudy to Ruddy. Besides, there's still a chance that the 'Fins could grab Heitman or another good O-lineman on day two.

Also, Kiper has McKinney set as his #3 center in the draft, here's what he has to say about him:

McKinney started every game his final three seasons and displayed amazing durability in a physical conference. He is smart and disciplined and displays leadership skills. Athletically, he will surprise people with his quickness; he had the second-fastest 40-yard time among offensive linemen at the combine. Last season he did a better job maintaining his feet and balance. He is a battler and scrapper in the trenches. McKinney has good functional strength; his power translates well from the weight room to the playing field

Kiper usually has some decent insights. On the other hand, he did have Cincinnatti taking TE's (Shockey & Stevens) with their first two picks. Does he think they're that desperate for TE help. :confused: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom