SETH McKINNEY IS 1 YEAR AWAY.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SETH McKINNEY IS 1 YEAR AWAY....

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I already feel very good about the future of Center/Guard...SETH McKINNEY. There is no doubt that he is a very smart, and well-techniqued football player. Seth was playing mostly at Center throughout this mini-camp....and you can see...that he was very tenacious...as I noticed that he keeps that motor going until TONY WISE blows that loud whistle.

Here is a guy that is literally one season away. There is no doubt that he will learn the ropes under RUDDY this season. He will backup RUDDY and also be ready to fill in at probably either Guard positions if necessary. Mckinney's depth availability means that this line is in much better shape than it was last season...if an injury arises on that line. Here was a rare...4 year starter in college...who was definately a team leader.

All said.,. I have heard that the Dolphins staff was extremely happy with Mckinney's work out in this mini-camp. He is really fundamentally sound. He is not overpowering.....but the kid is like i said he is....he is tenacious. Mckinney really gets after it....and there is no doubt in my mind....that he will be anchoring our line for possibly many years to come....starting next season.

Like I said....RUDDY will be the starter. However....if RUDDY is not getting the job done....I don't think WISE would hesitate to play this kid..... All the pressure now.....is on TIM RUDDY. McKinney is just a guy waiting and maturing......as it really appears this is most likely RUDDY's last season in a Dolphin's uniform.

Mckinney was a very solid pick in round 3....we got value there.

DCH

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I already feel very good about the future of Center/Guard...SETH McKINNEY. There is no doubt that he is a very smart, and well-techniqued football player. Seth was playing mostly at Center throughout this mini-camp....and you can see...that he was very tenacious...as I noticed that he keeps that motor going until TONY WISE blows that loud whistle.

Here is a guy that is literally one season away. There is no doubt that he will learn the ropes under RUDDY this season. He will backup RUDDY and also be ready to fill in at probably either Guard positions if necessary. Mckinney's depth availability means that this line is in much better shape than it was last season...if an injury arises on that line. Here was a rare...4 year starter in college...who was definately a team leader.

All said.,. I have heard that the Dolphins staff was extremely happy with Mckinney's work out in this mini-camp. He is really fundamentally sound. He is not overpowering.....but the kid is like i said he is....he is tenacious. Mckinney really gets after it....and there is no doubt in my mind....that he will be anchoring our line for possibly many years to come....starting next season.

Like I said....RUDDY will be the starter. However....if RUDDY is not getting the job done....I don't think WISE would hesitate to play this kid..... All the pressure now.....is on TIM RUDDY. McKinney is just a guy waiting and maturing......as it really appears this is most likely RUDDY's last season in a Dolphin's uniform.

Mckinney was a very solid pick in round 3....we got value there.

DCH

At first, I was dissapointed that we didn't select Terrence Metcalf G from Mississippi, but from what I've heard about Seth's work ethic and how tenacious he is, I'm starting to feel very happy with the selection of him by Wanny/Spielman. I hope that Tim is able to bounce back to his pro bowl form of two years ago, as well as show the ropes to Seth, so that he can be our center for years to come. Tim's been a big part of our offensive line for almost a decade now. I've grown to appreciate him as a player and human being. You've never heard him complain about the situation, he just goes out there and is trying to maximize his abilities as an offensive lineman.

Back
Top Bottom