Several Big OL still out there unsigned!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Several Big OL still out there unsigned!!!!

nighttrain76

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I was just looking at some of the players that were drafted from the 2 schools here in Oklahoma. I can't believe that Vince Carter, a 6'2, 280 lb center that happen to play on one of the best lines in college football in still out there.:shakeno:

Also there is Sam Mayes that played for Oklahoma St. a 6'3, 346 lb guard. There is no way in h*** that Saban shouldn't bring in at least one of these guys for a look.

And I'm pretty sure that there are others out there that we need to bring in for a look. The OL needs more depth, period!!!!!

Although our linemen aren't great we have a very deep unit now. Can't see us bringing in many prospects because they won't have a chance to make the team...

we actually have some o-line depth right now...
mcdougal, carey, st. clair, macintosh, hadnot, mckinney, smith, whitley, cook, alabi

we cant have 23423 lineman on our team, we're fine in that department, let the young guys learn and develop, replacing young guys with more young guys and expecting some kinda change is dumb... players need experience, and coaching, our line will be vastly improved just from those 2 departments next season...

I also liked Carter in college, but coach HH likes big physical lineman and Carter does not fit the criteria. Sam Mayes might be a guy who could be brought in..at least as a developmental player.

Sam Mayes is a MONSTER of a run blocker...I mean a serious road grader. Problem is he is an absolutely piss poor pass blocker. Also gets fat and out of shape a lot.

Carter is intriguing, but 280 lbs isn't gonna cut it in the NFL; you could always sign him thinking he could bulk up, but look how well that gambit has paid off with Wade Smith. No thanks.

Carter is similar to Todd McClure, and he has done alright as an NFL center.
HH does seem to prefer the bigger type of OL, but didn't he have Mark Stepnoski for a couple of seasons? He was one of the smaller centers of the 1990s.

Back
Top Bottom