Several Reasons to Believe the Dolphins Could Turn Things Around Quickly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Several Reasons to Believe the Dolphins Could Turn Things Around Quickly

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Miami/Features/2007/holbrook061207.htm

In following the fascinating AFC East as I do for PFW, there have been several moments this offseason that have solidified the belief that there is an obvious disparity between the haves (Patriots and Jets) and the have-nots (Bills and Dolphins) in the division.
However, it’s hard for me to forget that exactly one year ago myself and a number of my fellow football writers looked at the Jets, and all we saw were doom and gloom  a first-year coach, a relatively inexperienced coaching staff, a starting quarterback with a surgically repaired shoulder, and a star running back whose future was in doubt  and it all added up to a long and difficult season ahead.
Obviously, we were wrong. Very wrong.
So, is it possible that we’re all missing the boat on the Bills and Dolphins this season and that one of those two non-playoff teams from 2006 could be poised for the kind of turnaround the Jets made a season ago (going from 4-12 in ’05 to 10-6 in ’06)?
Want my honest opinion? I really don’t think so.
But, if it does happen, I’m putting my money on it being the Dolphins, believe it or not.
In many ways, Miami fits the Jets’ profile from a year ago  a veteran quarterback coming off injury and with lots to prove; a solid defense that boasts playmakers; an infusion of talented, young offensive linemen; and an innovative new coach who strongly believes in his system and his ability.
Although QB Trent Green turns the point-of-no-return age of 37 in July, he should be a good short-term fit for head coach Cam Cameron’s offense. Green ascended to two Pro Bowls in Kansas City, thanks to his smarts, decisiveness and accuracy as a passer, and his leadership will be welcomed by the returning Dolphins who floundered in recent years under the aimless direction of quarterbacks like A.J. Feeley, Joey Harrington and a less-than-100-percent Daunte Culpepper.

This article was discussed over in VIP last week. Optimism is a nice thing. We will see.

AMEN.

That being said you definitely could make an argument that we will be that team that makes the jump. We now have a QB that knows the system, a solid RB, a potential game breaker (Ginn) and a coach that knows offense (nice change). Then again, it still rests ALL on the Oline. IF they can play solid and open some holes and give Green a lil time to throw... Then we can be a darn good team. IF NOT... Neither Green Nor Ronnie will be effective.

Back
Top Bottom