Shammond is back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shammond is back

Ferretsquig

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
* ... After a couple of years away, far away, from the NBA, Shammond Williams will return to The League in 2006 with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Williams first team in Europe was the Russian Superleague club UNICS Kazan. Last season he moved to Spain with FC Barcelona, a team that reached the Euroleague Final Four.

"My choice to go to Europe was my decision," Williams said at his press conference. "It wasn't like I couldn't have gotten an NBA job. It's not like I didn't have any offers. I was at a point in my career where I played for a few teams, and I never had the opportunity to challenge myself as a basketball player."

"There were times where I didn't play [in the NBA]. I think there comes a time in your career where you want to see where you are. Being in different situations, and not being given the opportunity to be what you want to be or become, it can sort of take the love of the game away from you."

Williams, 31, has a one-year, $1.75-million contract with the Lakers, according to the Daily News.

While playing overseas, Williams averaged over five assists per game with both of his European clubs, something Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak noticed.

"Mitch made the statement, 'I think that you look to involve your teammates a little more than you once did,'" Williams added :lol:

The Lakers have finally found the man better at being a ball hog than Kobe. Although Shammond may find its a little tougher to play 1 on 5 here than it was in Israel.​

Back
Top Bottom