Shawn Andrews to be there at 20? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shawn Andrews to be there at 20?

Canuck

Starter
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more mocks of late with Andrews going to Miami at 20. Crossing my fingers, especially in light of how hard it's been for us to acquire a RT since Wade left.

Could it be karma?

Thats because Andrews = Aaron Gibson.

Great potential but he's eating his way out of the league. I can't find the link, but someone had a write up of his Combine visit. They basically called him a slob. Said he used an excuse about polyps in his nasal cavity so he didn't have to run.

Give me a skill position player with the 20th and get O Line in the 3rd.

Also these mock drafts go out the window if there is a trade on draft day. thats why is so hard to guess what will happen on draft day till it comes.

Andrews is going to be a stud. He corrected the nasal problem and is down to about 350 after working hard this offseason and hiring a nutritionist. He's no Aaron Gibson. I would love for us to get him at 20, I just don't think he'll be there.

he's a risk.. he's brother is well thought of, though, and his brother can play LT ... i think andrews will be a bigger risk than most of you think.. remember miami is a hot weather town .. and it isn't the greatest place for players such as shaun andrews.. this guy would struggle.. he is very unconditioned and very fat ... now way he can take the florida heat ... i would rather draft nat dorsey or vernon carey if either is there at #20 .. thats of course if boston is traded to miami ...

Dang...this crap is scaring me. I say draft Rivers...regardless!!!!

Pick OL in later rounds.....everyone else does!

Originally posted by DOLFAN91
he's a risk.. he's brother is well thought of, though, and his brother can play LT ... i think andrews will be a bigger risk than most of you think.. remember miami is a hot weather town .. and it isn't the greatest place for players such as shaun andrews.. this guy would struggle.. he is very unconditioned and very fat ... now way he can take the florida heat ... i would rather draft nat dorsey or vernon carey if either is there at #20 .. thats of course if boston is traded to miami ...

With regards to the South Florida weather, remember that Andrews played four years at Arkansas, an SEC school. He's no stranger to heat and humidity.

His brother, Stacy, is a 4th round pick at best right now, and more likely 5th or 6th.

Originally posted by GreenFin
Thats because Andrews = Aaron Gibson.

Great potential but he's eating his way out of the league. I can't find the link, but someone had a write up of his Combine visit. They basically called him a slob. Said he used an excuse about polyps in his nasal cavity so he didn't have to run.

Give me a skill position player with the 20th and get O Line in the 3rd.

Max Starks im tellin ya! max starks in the second would be a great pickup. i dont care what anyone says about the kid. he can play and has great size.

Originally posted by phunwin
Andrews is going to be a stud. He corrected the nasal problem and is down to about 350 after working hard this offseason and hiring a nutritionist. He's no Aaron Gibson. I would love for us to get him at 20, I just don't think he'll be there.

If i were spielman, i would set up a personal workout or attend one already set up somewhere. get the real deal on this kid cus he may drop bigtime. one thing on all this polyp crap, spielman dont like noone who doesnt work out at the combine. strike one.

I seem to remember reading his playing weight was ~340 and he showed up at the combines at 400. Many thought he took himself out of the first round, and maybe the second as well. I don't remember where I read that though.

Why is it that i am the only person that thinks Vernon Carey would be a GREAT pick up?! Granted i know him and we are cool, but ive seen the guy working out since the season ended. Dropped a few pounds and he's faster. They guy is good and would be a WONDERFUL pick up for a guard.

OK - here's the deal on Andrews. He didn't play in the Razorbacks Bowl Game for an unnamed reason. Many people thought that it was because he didn't want to hurt himself before announcing that he was going pro. The real reason was the polyps in his nasal cavity which restricted his breathing.

He was unable to work out and attacked the four main food groups with vigour - Denny's, KFC, Burger King and Wendy's. He then signed up with a trainer, post the procedure to remove the polyps and moved out to Arizona. On day 1, he weighed in at 403lbs. Since then, he has worked with a dietician and said trainer. His official weight at the Combine was 6-4, 366lbs. He benched 220 27 times, his 40 time was 5.52 and the most important stat of all, the 10 yard time, was a respectable 1.96, considering his size.

He needs to keep that weight in check but he is certainly a top 20 pick. That won't change. He certainly hasn't dropped from the 1st round or the 2nd round. Will Miami take him? Doubtful unless they sign Boston. Even then I'm not sure. The receiver class is just too good, epecially if they commit to the deal with McIntosh, in which case I see them signing a vet to play RT for a year.

Miss Meth....how's your boys Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow who you SWORE BLIND wouldn't declare??????????

He needs to keep that weight in check but he is certainly a top 20 pick. That won't change. He certainly hasn't dropped from the 1st round or the 2nd round. Will Miami take him? Doubtful unless they sign Boston. Even then I'm not sure. The receiver class is just too good, epecially if they commit to the deal with McIntosh, in which case I see them signing a vet to play RT for a year.

agreed.

Originally posted by finfan54

Max Starks im tellin ya! max starks in the second would be a great pickup. i dont care what anyone says about the kid. he can play and has great size.

I like Starks. It's just that we don't have a second round pick and given the present need at WR (as of right now, we do not have David Boston), I don't see us trading down for one.

Back
Top Bottom