Shawn Andrews to be there at 20? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shawn Andrews to be there at 20?

I just think the guard position is not worth spending a first round pick and a $3.5 million per year contract on. We gave the $3.5 million per year to Jeno James, and if we spend a first on Vernon Carey at RG then I think we're just misallocating our resources pretty severely because as they say good guards should be made, not bought. Spending a first round pick on a guy nowadays is the same as buying a guy because of the level of talent you can get at other positions.

Originally posted by GreenFin
Thats because Andrews = Aaron Gibson.

Great potential but he's eating his way out of the league. I can't find the link, but someone had a write up of his Combine visit. They basically called him a slob. Said he used an excuse about polyps in his nasal cavity so he didn't have to run.

Give me a skill position player with the 20th and get O Line in the 3rd.

Right on brother...

:fatman:

Originally posted by Boomer
Miss Meth....how's your boys Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow who you SWORE BLIND wouldn't declare??????????

why are you so mean to these people??

;)

BTW Stacey Andrews is a very intriguing prospect. Only played 6 games cuz he was a track star but if I remember right he ran like a 4.7 when he was like 300 lbs and had a good lift I think too. One guy in charge of personnel was quoted anonymously as saying "I can't wait to get back to the office and study the he|| out of those 5 or 6 game tapes."

One thing is for certain, a paucity of experience hasn't stopped our personnel dept from choosing someone and I wouldn't doubt if that anonymous quote came from Rick himself.

Amin - I knew you'd be mad. :) I'm yanking Miss Meth's chain. She got all hot under the collar when I said Winslow and Taylor would be coming out and she said they wouldn't. I'm just pulling her leg.

Actually, Shawn Andrews was academically ineligible for the Razorbacks' bowl game because he carried a 0.0 GPA for the Fall semester. He couldn't have played even if he was completely healthy.

What put the burr under many people's butts about that was that he could have traveled with the team, but he used the nasal polyp excuse to basically leave school. The big thing is, he told no one. He just didn't show up.

His brother, Stacey, outperformed him in all of the agility and strength tests that the two players took. Stacey benched more, ran a faster forty time, was faster in the first ten yards, had a better vertical, and did better in the cone drills. The main difference is that Stacey carries about 330 lbs on his frame where Shawn carries around 370 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom