Shazor in the 4th?!?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shazor in the 4th?!?!

ryancall32

Starter
Reaction score
we have the 3rd pick in the 4th round (104 overall), and i'm hoping that shazor continues to fall. wasn't this guy a projected 1st, or top-2nd rounder at one time? if so, how in the hell would he manage to fall to us? we have already drafted 3 previously projected 1st rounders in day one of the draft. i'm lovin it so far.

we need to get a safety (SHAZOR!!), and i'll be completely satisfied with our d -- good, young, and great depth!!!

If I remember correctly, a slow 40 time did him in. Right?

Caaan you say Will Poole? :D

hes too slow for a S, too small for a LB. i'd stay away unless hes there in the 5th

thats really strange if you read his bio on nfl.com :

Built like a linebacker but blessed with the speed of a cornerback, Shazor is the prototype strong safety -- big, strong, aggressive and quick. He has drawn comparisons to Philadelphia Eagles standout Brian Dawkins for his explosive burst and knack for making big plays

He recorded 224 tackles, caused two fumbles, blocked eight punts and intercepted 21 passes as a safety, and tallied 11 receptions and four touchdowns as a wide receiver during his last two years at MLK. Shazor was credited with 97 tackles, eight interceptions, two forced fumbles and blocked two punts during his senior year and posted 127 tackles and seven interceptions as a junior. He also excelled in track, clocking a personal best 10.7 in the 100-meter dash.

Positives: Shazor has a muscular, cut-up lower and upper body frame, with good arm length, lean waist, low body fat, good bubble and muscular legs … His frame has the potential to carry at least another 15 pounds for a potential move to linebacker … Despite his young age, the coaching staff cited his leadership skills and ability to make calls and adjustments in the secondary … Shows good ability to quickly read and react, possessing a good understanding of games and schemes … Has the outstanding speed needed to mirror and run with the receivers over the middle and down field … Has a good feel for zone coverage, showing the ability to smoothly make the switch-off thanks to his keen anticipation skills … Despite his size, he stays low in his pads and has the hip turn and flexibility to explode out of his breaks … Showed marked improvement with his back-pedal in 2004, demonstrating smooth turning ability … He breaks on the ball with urgency and can quickly recover, adjust and make plays on the ball … He has the range to cover the field from sideline-to-sideline … Possesses above-average flexibility and ball adjustment skills … Has large, soft hands, showing the ability to pluck and extend for the ball, doing a nice job of using his strength to fight for the pass in a crowd … He quickly steps forward to fill the rush lanes … Strong and explosive tackler in run force, displaying good plant-and-drive agility … Uses his powerful arm swipes to strike, jolt, stun and wrap when chasing down the ball carrier … Has an excellent burst to make plays in the open field … Has the ability to consistently produce in the clutch … He takes plays from the board to the field with no difficulty … Very coachable and stability is evident, as even the older players look up to him.

Negatives: Still developing his body frame and is possibly too tall to play safety, but does not have the bulk yet to play linebacker at the next level … Needs to play in better control, as he gets a little reckless on the field and this causes him to over-run plays … He is just starting to develop ball-hawking skills, as he used to wait for the play to come to him, but showed good improvement stepping up to initiate contact in 2004 … Needs to do a better job of using his hands to protect his feet from cut blocks … Must develop better bull rush moves (hump, club), as he has some trouble shedding when blockers get into his chest … While he plays up on flat routes, he will get fooled by play action and must learn to not eye the quarterback so much

He made it to the fourth round for 2moro, is there any chance the other two teams ahead would take him?

6 compensatory picks left we can talk about it if he makes it into tomorrow

I was thinking Wilkerson in the 4th maybe, but then i realized Shazor was still not taken and was like "holy ****!!!" i hope we get him.

Shazor,Mcpherson, Hawthorne or Wilkerson would all be fine selections. Tomorrow should be fun! :)

I forgot about Ben WIlkerson. He might be our next pick

We need a free safety. Tebucky Jones is our strong safety and we just moved Tony Bua back there as his backup.

I think Elton Brown makes sense but we could get a curveball from Saban tomorrow.Hard to believe that he'd go defence again but you never know.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom