Shields moved to LB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shields moved to LB

scotgif

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Saw this on the fins homepage. I like this guy, and am pulling for him to make it. I did see a couple of his games in Europe, and the guy looks like he has potential. He has the size at 6'4", 230 'ish.

This could be a better chance for him to make the team, as we are full of young guys in the secondary, but we are lacking in LB depth.

For some reason, I am pulling for the guy. Maybe, it's because he has already had a shot, and failed, and is now trying to make it again.

Originally posted by scotgif
Saw this on the fins homepage. I like this guy, and am pulling for him to make it. I did see a couple of his games in Europe, and the guy looks like he has potential. He has the size at 6'4", 230 'ish.

This could be a better chance for him to make the team, as we are full of young guys in the secondary, but we are lacking in LB depth.

For some reason, I am pulling for the guy. Maybe, it's because he has already had a shot, and failed, and is now trying to make it again.

Shields can really bring the thunder from the safety position but I think he's mobile enough to transition into a WLB. He needs to prove it on special teams though if he's going to be around in September.

From what I hear from Steeler fans Shields always had great talent, he just didn't have his head in the game. Now it seems like he is a man on a mission.:)

Looks like there's gonna be a nice battle between Seaverns and Shields for a potential spot on the roster.

urlacer is a converted safety, and look how that turned out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it would be nice if shields can convert to lb... we need more depth at lb...

From seeing him with the Claymores...

...I think this guy has some useful intangibles aswell as the games skills. I'd like to see him make the transition and the squad. He's string tall and fast and he sometimes reads the game pretty well. He got control over the needless penalties as the season went on and hopefully has learned to channel some of that agression (away from the unnecessary roughness calls).

I imagine tutour'd, mentor'd and led by Zach he could really become a factor.:D

Originally posted by scotgif

I heard Shields wasn't an aggressive hitter as a safety....not sure if I want that in a linebacker.

quote from scotgif
have no idea why a soccer ball was used. Anyone know?

This is only a guess because it's the first I've heard of it but, if the point of the football catches you right, it hurts like heII.... and I'm sure it would probably break some bones occasionally....so since it was a drill specifically for punt blocking, they were probably just using it for safety purposes.

Back
Top Bottom