Shirts make stadium look empty when it isnt? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shirts make stadium look empty when it isnt?

the heat game was empty because evreyone knows all 4 games against the wiz will be blowouts, and it should have been the bulls in the 2nd round. And probably would have been if not for curry and deng being out.

zevo said:
Thats because Miami is a horrible sports town. :D

Since Miami has a better attendance record that the Billy Goats what does that say?

SkapePhin said:
I was watching the Heat game today and at first glance I thought the stadium was empty! but then I looked closely and noticed it wasnt empty at all! All the seats were filled, but the ones I thought were empty at first glance were people wearing red! It was like an optical illusion!

Is this the same thing that happens to Dolphin games on TV? Everyone always says that Miami has terrible fan attendace based mostly from seeing it on tv.. Do people wearing orange gear make the stadium look empty because they blend with the seats?

There were some empty seats today, but Mothers day had a lot to do with it.

SkapePhin said:
Willis McGahee was at the Heat game today.. See, even he has enough sense not to stay in Buffalo when he doesnt need to...

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Couple of inches my ARSE!!!! I'm not an overly huge guy and me and my wife are practically sitting on each other. When the annouce attendance they annouce ticket sales not people actually in the stands. So if they sell 72K tickets and 45K show up then the attendance for that game is 72K. Downstairs is always pretty full even last year when we sucked. The thing about Dolphins stadium is the fans are far away from the field.

In the Orange bowl they were closer to the players and it was a smaller stadium. So the noise carried very well. 30K people sounded like 80K. Don't believe me pick up a copy of the 85 bears game. In Dolphins Stadium it is so dam big and far away from the players and cameras its is 50K fans soundong like 15K (on tv). when your at the game its much louder (which is why i love to go). Don't believe me pick up a copy of last years pats game not loud, but if you were there!!!!

The dolphins realize this and once baseball is out they plan on doing things to bring the seats closer to the players redo the suites, add more seating perhaps... All in the name of making it an even better facility. And making the fans a larger part of the experience.

The main reason it looks empty is because sometimes it is, and sometimes its a 1pm game in aug-oct and attendance is low due to the heat.

Back
Top Bottom