Should have got Gilbride | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should have got Gilbride

obviously they really didnt have anyone else to throw to though

He'd be the closest thing to a threat they had... but still not in the same league as Chambers, or even McKnight...
Yes he had better numbers... he was the Only WR they threw to...

no prob dude...just sayin norv found a way last year with no oline,one old qb and one wr, one te and a rookie rb...finishing 11th in the league really aint so bad...

I guess you also forget 711!! That COWHER fired GILBRIDE in PITTSBURGH a couple of years ago for making KORDELL STEWART go back instead of forward! The previous year with CHAN GAILEY at O Coordinator,KORDELL had a PRO BOWL year and a SUPER BOWL berth!! Then steps in your GENIUS and their entire OFFENSE FELL APART!!! Needless to say, this was the start of DONAHOE and COWHER bickering which led to his firing!

Let us see here. On Kevin Gilbride. He did pretty good in Houston, however, Warren Moon had already learned the run-and-shoot offense stone cold from June Jones, so basicly Gilbride just had to watch and keep quiet and make sure it kept going. He then went to Jacksonville, and did not do too badly there, but after he left the offense under Chris Palmer did even better.
He then got the head coaching job in San Diego, and he managed to alienate the entire team. He also managed to turn Ryan Leaf from the best college quarterback on the West Coast since Jim Plunkett(also he was much better than Peyton Manning was at Tennessee) to a totally worthless player. After his disasterous head coaching stint he went on to Pittsburgh to turn Koredell Stewart from a promising quarterback into the worst starting quarterback in the league.
Looking at this record I do not see how Gilbride would be an improvement over Norv Turner.

You do realize

Originally posted by bills711

Offensive Coordinators that are better that I'm picking of the top of my head are Gilbride and Mularky.
/B]

You do realize that Gilbride was about the 5th choice your own team had to be OC. You were turned down by Tom Clements and Cam Cameron, and denied permission to talk to Mike Shula and John Ramsdell.

Gilbride did well with Jacksonville,but with that talent who couldn't? His time with Houston and as HC with San Diego were nothing to brag about.

Your post are the ramblings of a simple-minded halfwit.

LMAO Stan!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Hey Phinmaster and D25, thanks for saving me time responding. Also, Norv Turner and Kevin Gilbride were both fired at the end of the 2000 season. So when it came time to find another job, one guy had his pick of NFL jobs. The other guy had his pick of NETWORK jobs. One guy stayed in the league. The other was out of football. Fill in the blanks.

Originally posted by stan marino
i bet the bills were abouthis 5th choice too

Actually he was DESPERATE to get back into the league. He was a football analyst for Canada's TSN for the past year. I'm amazed he got back into the NFL at a coordinator spot. I figured he wouldn't get offered anything above a TE coaching spot.

really i dont remember seeing him at all...tsn doesnt really have too much for the nfl...once a week they have this really dumb guy talk about whos going to win, and usually he pix teams like the rams, dolphins, 49ers to win then has one iffy pick...lol its pretty bad

Back
Top Bottom