Should I Think Of Braylon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should I Think Of Braylon

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Reaction score
Is there any chance we would draft Edwards? We do need a QB and RB i know but this guy gives us the weapons we need at WR. Chambers is a great young talent and if we get Braylon in there aswell and Booker fills the #3 slot, Gus (who will start at QB i reckon) has the airial weapons to take us downfield and in the endzone. And hey in a perfect world we get a 2nd pick from somewhere and use it to trade for James or Alexander. Then next year we can get ourselves a QB in the draft.

What ya reckon then? Any chance of Edwards coming to the Phins?

Jason Taylor 99 said:
Is there any chance we would draft Edwards? We do need a QB and RB i know but this guy gives us the weapons we need at WR. Chambers is a great young talent and if we get Braylon in there aswell and Booker fills the #3 slot, Gus (who will start at QB i reckon) has the airial weapons to take us downfield and in the endzone. And hey in a perfect world we get a 2nd pick from somewhere and use it to trade for James or Alexander. Then next year we can get ourselves a QB in the draft.

Probably a good chance. He is considered by many, not myself, as the best player available. If Saban sees it this way, I would say there is a good chance we draft him.

Jason Taylor 99 said:

Please how can someone ask for Edge or Alexander with Marion Barber III sitting in the 3rd round? And no Gus is not gonna drive this ship, its either Feeley or ANY ROOKIE, not necesarily a firts rounder, but some one with the smarts, youth and ability to be groomed into a starting QB, I could take even Derek Anderson in the 5th and play him or Orlovsky or Gudigli, lets not talk about Walter or Campbell or the dwarf from Louisvile I would take any of them instead of playing Gus.

Gus is not gonna drive this ship, its either Feeley or ANY ROOKIE

Well maybe, but Gus is there in Miami so theres a good chance he will start. Feeley isnt that man to do it, to take this team to the big dance and Gus may well not be but we have to put up with that. :cry:

If we take a WR I think we'd take Mike Williams. He is an athletic freak, and is not known for getting the dropsies like Edwards is. We already have a 6'3" wideout with the dropsies, his name is Derrius Thompson (although he is getting better)

We should never draft at #2 for need unless all other factors are being equal. The factors are that we need QB and RB and I will say yes, we need a stud WR too, but in the end, you draft the best player that you feel will be a star in the long haul, not the short haul, in other words, they are so good you will pay them bank to stay forever!
RB's dont get paid like QB's and RB's are a plenty in the league right now. Its supply and demand and its who is the best investment for the long haul. If you add it up to a more finite picture, that would mean Alex Smith and Braylon Edwards. Right now I am favoring Edwards cus I think he is a stud in the form of all great WR's who is dedicated to being such. Alex Smith is prototype size and smarts and whos INT ratio to TD's is phenomenal.

Jason Taylor 99 said:

tbh, I think there is a very good chance. He is the consensus BPA and it is apparent that Nick likes him.

Personally, I feel Mike is a better option for us but that is JMO.

Jason Taylor 99 said:
Well maybe, but Gus is there in Miami so theres a good chance he will start. Feeley isnt that man to do it, to take this team to the big dance and Gus may well not be but we have to put up with that. :cry:

I still rather Feeley than Frerrotte JMO. Frerrotte is a fall back if neither Feeley nor the rookie can pull it together or fall injured then Frerrotte will play, until then my money is Feeley or a rookie. And Rosenfels better be cut.

I think we should deffinately take Edwards at #2. Yea I know we have a few holes at qb and rb that Smith or Brown could easily fill, but come on Edwards is going to be a huge playmaker. I'm praying that this Surtain trade can go through so we could at least pick up a second or a third and maybe even a pick for next year. If we do land that 2nd for Surtain I think we should deffinately draft Adrian McPherson. In a couple years down the road i think he could easily be the best qb out of this draft if given the chance to play. Then in the third i think a guy by the name of Frank Gore could come in and do some good. I know hes had two serious knee injuries but i think he's moved on from that and be a very good nfl rb. By the way, this was my first post so go ahead and rip my face off cause i know it's coming.

No Edwards at two.
Who knows if he is really the BPA?
I hear Edwards would be only a midrounder if this were last year's draft (Source: The War Room).
WR are most prone to bust in the first round than any other position
We have two good WR and zero RB's.
If we can't trade, I rather pick Caddy or Brown, depending on whom Saban likes better.

I rather have Mike Williams than Edwards as well. I'd be ok with Williams at two. Edwards has bust written on him.

Back
Top Bottom