should miami bother with a vetren QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

should miami bother with a vetren QB?

Besides Jacksonville also runs most of the time in the red zone. So having that much better TD ratio than INT. is very good.

i dont care if his stats are exactly the same as jay's(which they are not) we need a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this s.o.s. has got to stop. and since wanny is not gone, then, asta luego jay!!!

Originally posted by uncle_joe

His TD-INT ratio has been nothing short of excellent? 144 TD's compared to 86 INT's. Less than a 2:1 ratio. This is barely short of excellent? His best TD-INT seasons were 97 and 98 when he was +11. He also had a +10 season(2002) but everything else was just pretty much mediocre. He's got an arm and is accurate but has nothing else going for him.

He averages 13 TD's a year if you include his first season and this season. Without those seasons included(or the 2 TD's thrown this season) that number jumps to almost 16(15.7). Just for kicks, his average INT's w/o those 2 seasons are 9.5. I know that I'm going purely by stats here, but the QB of the future only puts up 15 TD's a year?

Let's look at Fiedler's years w/ the Dolphins. In his 4 years, he averaged 14.75 TD's a year w/ 13.75 INT's, keeping in mind that he missed 9 games these past 2 seasons.

So...the QB of the future puts up about 1 more TD a year w/ 4 fewer picks? This is our guy?

Anytime a QB throws for less than 10 INTs in a season, that's excellent. Brunell has done that 5 out of 8 seasons he started a majority of, and has thrown over 14 INTs just once. In 15 games last season he threw only 7 INTs, that averages out to less than 1 every other game. By comparison, Manning and Farve averages 17 and 18 INTs a season, respectively. And just like someone else pointed out, Jacksonville usually runs in the red zone, cutting down the opportunities and number of TDs for Brunell. Take a look at the stats for other QBs, you're not going to find many who take better care of the ball, and that's exactly what this team needs.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
*no peyton talk*

should miami bother with a vetren QB like Brunell, Warner, Garcia?
if miami drafts a rookie, it might be best to play him. it's not these FA are gonna do more anyway. Warner has a history of injury, Garcia has back problems, and Brunell (the best canidate out of those 3) is pretty close to being done.

why not send PR (the best QB in the draft IMO) or whoever into the starting role? although there are rookie downsides, it's not like we can't manage. we have JF as our QB... (i once was a big fiedler supporter).

As I have posted in other threads,, if the price is right, M Brunell is an excellent qb to run this offense !! His mobility has waned to an extent but he can still light up a scoreboard ...

I don't think K Warner is a viable option for this offense and if there is questions about "lost ability" this guy is at the top of the available qb's list ..

J Garcia has taken a huge pounding the last 2 seasons... And I don't know if his "back problem" is something that can be corrected with surgery or will continue to get worse like D Gardeners back problem..

:D

Marino1983

What about Bouman???...I believe the QB spot can be fixed through FA with us Trading for Mike Mcmahon!!!....Bouman to start and Mike as backup for now maybe even starting him!!!

Originally posted by musphinzfan
What about Bouman???...I believe the QB spot can be fixed through FA with us Trading for Mike Mcmahon!!!....Bouman to start and Mike as backup for now maybe even starting him!!!
Who is Bouman???:confused:

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Who is Bouman???:confused:

Never mind. I figured it out. However i would prefer a Brunell type with perhaps mcmahon or bouman as 2nd. Otherwise two unproven guys might leave us with nada.

If we are going to take a veteran FA, Brunall has to be the guy. All you have to look at is his QB rating, 85.2, compared to Fiedlers 78.1. Remember when this guy beat us 63-7 in the playoffs? I know that don't matter but I thought I would mention it since no one else has.:samurai:

Back
Top Bottom