Should Miami deal with Broncos in draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Miami deal with Broncos in draft?

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I am watching Rocky Mountain News Fox Sports and they are saying that the Broncos might want to trade their 22nd and 29th first round picks to move up and try and draft a QB (to back up and groom to replace Jake Plummer). Would you guys trade our 16th pick for Denver's two first round picks? I think this might be something which we could do to get two top guys?

Depends whose there, but I doubt because we're looking for a QB too.

They wouldnt give up #22 and #29 for #16...even if Cutler was there. Probably the best you're going to argue them into is giving up our 1st and 2nd round picks for their two 1st round picks...which would have them moving up 6 spots in the first round, and us moving up like 19 spots from round 2 to round 1. I don't know that we'd do that unless there are some guys we really have in mind there at #29.

Manny Lawson is a guy I'm keeping my eye on now though.

In a heartbeat

Fin could have a chance to pick up a S/WR or CB/DT

and found a Furture QB in the 2nd round

mia4ever said:
In a heartbeat

agreed!

mia4ever said:
In a heartbeat

Again, the chances of the Broncos giving up a first round pick (#29) just to move up 6 spots from #22 to #16 are about as good as me marrying Giselle Bundchen.

ckparrothead said:
Again, the chances of the Broncos giving up a first round pick (#29) just to move up 6 spots from #22 to #16 are about as good as me marrying Giselle Bundchen.
:lol: ahhhhh Giselle :D

There is some advantage for the Broncos in that they have very few needs.

Cutler wont be there, unless they get slap happy about jacobs or someone else who sneaks up there, this is bogus. Now trading up to get someone else might make sense like a LT they covet or LB/S.

I will make the trade in a heart beat, but it must include our 1st for their two #1s and we flip flop 2nd round pics and they through in a 5th, if im right that should meet the pick value chart, but i could be wrong.

We will still be able to get our Franchise QB on day one, remember you can't always believe the hype of late rising QBs: ie Mirer, A. Smith, McNown, Leaf, and JP Losman just a thought to but out there.

I'd be all for that deal if Cutler and Huff were both gone. But not to take Jacobs with the 2nd 1st rounder like you suggested in another thread.

I don't see Denver doing that.And if they want to trade up for a QB then they'd do it with another team cos Cutler won't be there at 16.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

When did Speilman become the Broncos' GM?

According to the standard value chart their two picks are worth 1,420 pts (22-780 pts and 29-640 pts) while our 16th is 1,000 pts.

As CK said we would have to throw in our 2nd round pick (400 pts) to make any sense of the trade.

ckparrothead said:

I'd trade Gus for Giselle....I am a big fan of her work. :sidelol:

clear.gif
http://www.news365.com.cn/wxzt/wx_tiyu/fykb/ts/W020041025747989226396.jpg?SSImageQuality=Full

Back
Top Bottom