Should The Dolphins Be Concerned About Josh Rosen’s Concussion History? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should The Dolphins Be Concerned About Josh Rosen’s Concussion History?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
He missed games and missed the UCLA bowl game as a result of the second concussion.
Let’s be real here for a second shall we? The Dolphins offensive line is improved but has it improved enough to keep a quarterback upright and out of the concussion protocol?
This is a question that needs to be answered but you can’t answer that question. Instead you have to do your homework and when it comes to the Miami Dolphins medical staff, well lets just say Drew Brees. O.k that really isn’t fair but when it comes to the brain and potential CTE the league is trying to turn the table on the perception they are not doing enough.
Quarterbacks take a lot of hits and the league has done a lot to ensure Tom Brady doesn’t get hurt. O.k. they protect all quarterbacks but it should be something that needs to be considered.
According to some in the mainstream media, Rosen could fall to 11 where the Dolphins are selecting. Some believe that he is the most ready quarterback for the NFL but should his two concussions be a concern?
It is a hard question to answer but one that at least needs to be checked and considering that some NFL team will draft him in round one and potentially in the top five or ten, I’m sure they will be doing their due diligence on this.
https://phinphanatic.com/2018/04/25/dolphins-concerned-josh-rosens-concussion-history/

We should be worried about Rosen's concussion history just as much as we should be worried about the treadmill path we've on with Ryan Tannehill, and the porous offensive results we've had with him as a starter.

That would be my only concern on Rosen... The possibility he would hang it up sooner than the other prospects is much higher because he already has concussion history, he comes from a rich family, his father is a doctor who will probably be in his ear about it, and he has other ways to be successful outside of football. I don't think he would have any qualms of retiring young if he gets another bad concussion.

We should be worried about Rosen's concussion history just as much as we should be worried about the treadmill path we've on with Ryan Tannehill, and the porous offensive results we've had with him as a starter.

And, ironically, for exactly the same reason...... a truly offensive line.

If he were our pick I'd be more concerned about his turnover tendencies....

If he were our selection at 11, you can’t Knock it. The reason being that he wasn’t supposed to last. When picking a qb outside the top ten, you should expect something wrong with them. Just like when buying a car in the 1.5-3k range. It’s not gonna be two years old with 50,000 miles. It’s just not feasible

If you believe Marino, Joe, Rosen is the most NFL-ready QB he's evaluated since Andrew Luck. Of course Luck came in with almost zero question marks or red flags. People will say that well you can't pass him up at 11 but those same people, myself included, said the same thing about Tunsil and while he has been a good player thus far there weren't many good options we could have taken instead of him. In this case if Rosen drops there are still going to be some stud players available at positions of need. I think I'd have a stroke if Edmunds or Smith or Smith were still on the board and we took Rosen. Taking Rosen also seems to go against our new apparent edict against outspoken players and that would only be magnified by having that player be a QB. As to the original question, I think you have to be worried about concussion history regardless of the position the player plays and it's magnified at QB. Don't forget he's also got shoulder problems as well and that's kind of a big deal for QBs.

I think Rosen's durability is a huge concern. But if he or any of the top tier quarterbacks are there at 11, do you draft one of the other players and let Buffalo grab him for nothing? I think in that scenario, if Buffalo and Arizona haven't moved up and one of the top tier QB's are there at 11, we're going to do everything we can do move down to their spot, pick up a few draft picks and get the guy we want anyway, especially if we just move down one spot. And if they call our bluff on it, we take the QB.

Yes and honestly that my only real concern with him. It could mean a short career.

If your concerned about Rosens 2 concussions, than why aren’t people worried about Mayfield’s 2 concussions. Is there a double standard? Or Bias? With that being said, evey QB in this draft class has questions. I wouldn’t draft any if them.

If your concerned about Rosens 2 concussions, than why aren’t people worried about Mayfield’s 2 concussions. Is there a double standard? Or Bias? With that being said, evey QB in this draft class has questions. I wouldn’t draft any if them.
I honestly was not aware that Mayfield suffered two concussions. We’re they both this season?

Also the difference could be that Rosen doesn’t need the NFL as much as the average college player. I’ve heard his parents are loaded and that he has the intelligence and ability to be successful in many other areas of life outside of football.

With that said, it could be that any small hiccup could be the straw that breaks the “**** it” camel’s back.

I honestly was not aware that Mayfield suffered two concussions. We’re they both this season?

Also the difference could be that Rosen doesn’t need the NFL as much as the average college player. I’ve heard his parents are loaded and that he has the intelligence and ability to be successful in many other areas of life outside of football.

With that said, it could be that any small hiccup could be the straw that breaks the “**** it” camel’s back.
I wasn't aware of Mayfield's concussion issues until The Big O mentioned it on WQAM this afternoon, during an interview he was doing on air about the draft and the QB's in particular. But it raised my questions. It sounds like which ever your QB flavor is, people blind themselves to any negative about that QB?

Back
Top Bottom