Should The Fins Draft Maurice Clarrette? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should The Fins Draft Maurice Clarrette?

On conditions

1. If we take Ricky Williams back then I would draft him as a fallback and a project, because Ricky is now 28.

2. I wouldn't take him if we draft a RB at no 2 in the draft, because then we would have someone young and good and we will have Minor, Gordon and Morris backing them up which is more than enough.

I can virtually guarantee that SABAN will not draft Clarett. He doesn't like high maintenance players. Clarett is as high maintenance pain in the *** as they can get coming out of college. The guy sued his own school and the NFL. He should get some concrete slippers on a short pier for all I care.

LtDan662002 said:
No, Ricky never liked talking to the public, Maurice never shuts up in public. Maybe more likely a Cecil Collins and L. Phillips

I was thinking in terms of dissappointing the fans and teammates, but you are right, Cecil and L. Phillips are closer.

Jay131866 said:
If we draft a QB and dont trade Surtain for a RB I would def take Clarrett in the 3rd or 4th. Then we would be set at QB and have what could have been a first round RB. Getting Will Poole in the 4th was a steal last yr.

Why do you insist on thinking drafting a QB would set us at QB..no way..we would be very unsettle at QB if that drafted QB was to start.

LtDan662002 said:
You don't think Gordan will think he should start?? So we will already have that situation anyway

no we wont because gordon is on the team and if we spend the 2nd pick on a back gordon knows the deal at that point!

Any word on what teams will be visiting his highschool for his workout?

jreg1 said:
no we wont because gordon is on the team and if we spend the 2nd pick on a back gordon knows the deal at that point!

Well then if Clarrett got drafted in the 7th after we took a RB at #2, then he would know the deal too. I don't care what you say, Gordon will expect to start and will bust his butt. You think if we go QB at #2, Feeley won't expect to start?

Jay131866 said:
If we draft a QB and dont trade Surtain for a RB I would def take Clarrett in the 3rd or 4th. Then we would be set at QB and have what could have been a first round RB. Getting Will Poole in the 4th was a steal last yr.

I agree 100%

Jay131866 said:

Why take a guy 3 or 4 rounds before he is projected to go? If you want to take him late, 6th or 7th alright, I wouldnt want it but, but he is worth the risk there maybe. But in the 3rd or 4th you are wasting a pick, especially when much better RBs are available. This just makes no sense to me at all

Back
Top Bottom