Should the Miami Dolphins try to make a deal for Tyler Lockett? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Miami Dolphins try to make a deal for Tyler Lockett?

RichmondWeb

Humble FinHeaven Member
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This would be the perfect deal! Win-win-win! Seattle is going to have to do something with Tyler Lockett next year because his cap number will be $30.895M. Lockett is great, but not that great. At 32 he is a little old for a new contract so Seattle will probably ask him to take a pay cut, restructure into a short extension or cut him depending on how he plays next year. Seattle has no use for him except maybe as a locker room leader. They are starting over and they drafted JSN last year to take his place. Seattle could solve their Tyler Lockett cap problem next year, get a small compensation package, do what's right for the player and move on as a team on the rise. I'm sure Lockett sees the bleak future of the Seahawks and he could definitely use a Superbowl Ring before he retires! If the Dolphins could afford to pay him what he would want, Lockett should be more than excited to come down to Davie Land! Meanwhile the Dolphins would get a mature, talented, and experienced WR with some tread left on the tires. I think Lockett could be a third #1 WR on the Dolphins subbing in for Waddle and Tyreek when they get hurt. Better yet he would be deadly as as a third WR who could work anywhere on the field, especially downfield. I can't think of a single NFL player who is better qualified to take over as the "WR3" in Miami.

I don't know if the Dolphins can afford what Lockett would need financially. Nor do I know what the Seahawks would need in order to move him. I don't even know if Lockett would like to come down. But the business side of football is gonna catch up to the Seahawks and Tyler Lockett next year, and his playing time, his QB situation, and the impending overhaul of the Seahawks should have him exploring his options right now. It also does not hurt that one of his Seahawks' locker room leader teammates, MLB Jordyn Brooks, is a Dolphin already. I say we should make it a dynamic duo! The icing on the cake will be a revenge match in Seattle this year! Hopefully #16 is on our sideline next year. So any of you guys who speak salary-cap-ese, is this a possibility? Becuase otherwise it is perfect!

Last edited:
1282222367.jpg.0.jpg

Here are Tyler Locketts' numbers...Amazing! He missed 2 games in 9 years! He is sooo good yet every year he flies under the radar.
Just click on Lockett's "statistics".

Last edited:
Is he the guy that got jacked up in the SB on the int in the EZ to lose the game?

No, please no.

I drafted Waddle/Hill ( before the trade) and Lockett in my dynasty league 3 years ago

This cannot happen haha.

This would be the perfect deal! Win-win-win! Seattle is going to have to do something with Tyler Lockett next year because his cap number will be $30.895M. Lockett is great, but not that great. At 32 he is a little old for a new contract so Seattle will probably ask him to take a pay cut, restructure into a short extension or cut him depending on how he plays next year. Seattle has no use for him except maybe as a locker room leader. They are starting over and they drafted JSN last year to take his place. Seattle could solve their Tyler Lockett cap problem next year, get a small compensation package, do what's right for the player and move on as a team on the rise. I'm sure Lockett sees the bleak future of the Seahawks and he could definitely use a Superbowl Ring before he retires! If the Dolphins could afford to pay him what he would want, Lockett should be more than excited to come down to Davie Land! Meanwhile the Dolphins would get a mature, talented, and experienced WR with some tread left on the tires. I think Lockett could be a third #1 WR on the Dolphins subbing in for Waddle and Tyreek when they get hurt. Better yet he would be deadly as as a third WR who could work anywhere on the field, especially downfield. I can't think of a single NFL player who is better qualified to take over as the "WR3" in Miami.

I don't know if the Dolphins can afford what Lockett would need financially. Nor do I know what the Seahawks would need in order to move him. I don't even know if Lockett would like to come down. But the business side of football is gonna catch up to the Seahawks and Tyler Lockett next year, and his playing time, his QB situation, and the impending overhaul of the Seahawks should have him exploring his options right now. It also does not hurt that one of his Seahawks' locker room leader teammates, MLB Jordyn Brooks, is a Dolphin already. I say we should make it a dynamic duo! The icing on the cake will be a revenge match in Seattle this year! Hopefully #16 is on our sideline next year. So any of you guys who speak salary-cap-ese, is this a possibility? Becuase otherwise it is perfect!
No - Don't need anybody that old on a big pay packet coming to enjoy the sunshine on their wrinkly skin!

I prefer going for younger players and vets who are not too expensive at this point in the team's development. Basically, I'm saying I prefer team growth over some highlighted, but fading player who wants a big salary.

If we are bringing in some young talented players and coaching them to succeed, we will soon have more highlighted, big salary players than we can afford.

It is already starting to happen!

Back
Top Bottom