Should we Draft a Left Tackle and Move Wade smith back to guard? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we Draft a Left Tackle and Move Wade smith back to guard?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Wade Smith struggled at tackle but at guard he has enough size and strengh to develop to be a great guard which is his natural position. I'm sure the coaching staff will follow up through this in 2003. Likely sign Todd Wade back and replace Perry.

Wade Smith has NEVER played guard, unless it was on the Memphis basketball team.

Wade should stay exactly where he is, his abilties are best suited to be a LT. And with some added weight and muscle, should be a good one.

I could see a right tackle switch for him if we happened to have a sure fire LT prospect fall down to us. Otherwise he should be a good LT for us for years to come.

He's a tackle plain and simple. He's never been a guard - he was a TE, then a RT, then a LT at Memphis. He's not strong enough to play inside at G.

The only possible switch for him MIGHT be from LT to RT.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Wade Smith struggled at tackle but at guard he has enough size and strengh to develop to be a great guard which is his natural position. I'm sure the coaching staff will follow up through this in 2003. Likely sign Todd Wade back and replace Perry.

Todd Wade is asking for $5 million per season and is not a likely sign by Miami at that price. We should draft a T for that reason alone.

clear.gif

And here is a 2005 Mustang....notice the stylistic nod to the Mach 1 series....
clear.gif

Umm...the player we drafted (if we drafted one) would be the guy moving to RT even if he is a natural LT. We've already went through the growing pains of having smith be a young LT and why would we want to go through it all again?

Jordan Gross was the top LT position in several years according to some, but they put him at RT because they already had a solid guy at LT and wanted him to have a year to learn.

I'm very in favor of drafting a T in this years draft.

and jordan gross has been awesome, they rave about him in carolina, wish we had a blue chipper like that on the line

Mark Dixon is who you were thinking of. We had him at LT, and he's a natural Guard.

Back
Top Bottom