Should we go College coach or Pro? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we go College coach or Pro?

Should we go with a college or pro coach?

• College coach

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Pro coach or asst.

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters

zach attach

Active Roster
Reaction score
What are your opinions? Are we so sour about Saban that dont even go after a college coach? I am. No Pete Carrols etc. I think we need a guy with pro experience in a recent fashion, not like Saban's years in the NFL before LSU.
I dont know who Cameron is but everyone speaks highly of him. I also like Fisher. Young, aggressive and successful.

No college coaches. We need to promote an NFL assistant that's ready to make the jump.

Best Coach Available. This is still a better job than Atlanta or Arizona. If that candidate comes from a college background, so be it. Though he should have some pro experience. In case of a tie, hire someone from pro football.

I think Saban showed that Spurrier was the standard. THe Pro's are just more difficult, players are tougher to coach, salary cap, drafting, FA, coaching staff, grueling schedule, etc. JJ was successful because I think he got into the pros before the cap was what it is today and FAs didn't change teams every 2 years, etc.

We need someone in the pros currently. Someone who understands the system, the players, salary cap, egos, etc. If we go coordinators I'd like to go after an OC for once. DCs haven't been able to do much with our offensive and I think we need to really focus on that.

The fins "should" go after good pro coaches. great assistant coaches would be the best.

i think its very hard for college coaches to adjust to the pro game. many spend decades working with young college kids and become great at teaching/leading/recruting them. you are asking someone to change and adjust to a whole new world. the average college coach will be there for decades and knows it. the average nfl coach may get 3-4 years, if they are lucky, to show what he can do.

nfl assistant coaches and former head coaches have been in the nfl for a long time and know what to do. the good ones have proven themselves agenst other nfl coaches and players. they are the safer bet.

that said, i hate the fins. so i hope they go out and get another college coach and wait another few yers for him to "adjust" to the nfl. :D

PRO

If Spurrier, Carroll, and Saban couldn't hack it in the NFL, then I want to get someone who has already been in the league with a proven track record. Its the safer route.

Back
Top Bottom