Shouldnt we offer a RB????/L.Smith Could re-join his old team... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shouldnt we offer a RB????/L.Smith Could re-join his old team...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Saints | Smith Possibility For Team - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:23:42 -0700

Jeff Duncan, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports one running back possibility for the New Orleans Saints is Green Bay Packers RB Lamar Smith, who played for the Saints in 1998 and 1999. He has missed most of camp with a left knee injury and is expected to be released this weekend. He is expected to play in the Packers' exhibition game against the Tennessee Titans on Thursday, Aug. 28.

Saints | Team Looking To Add RB - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:23:27 -0700

Jeff Duncan, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports even though New Orleans Saints RB Ki-Jana Carter appears to have won a roster spot, the Saints still are in the market for a running back. Team officials said Tuesday, Aug. 26 the club is actively exploring its options in the free agent market and remains involved in trade talks with a couple of teams. Most likely, the Saints will wait to see which veterans become available after final roster cuts this weekend, Saints director of player personnel Rick Mueller said. "A trade is a possibility," he said. "There's a lot of guys that are going to be out there (after cuts), too. We'll look at both options."

Couldnt we offer Edwards to the saints for a 4th or a 5th?? RB's tend to have lots more value....I would want to keep Henry for future purposes, but why not offer Edwards.....nothing against Edwards, he is playing great and id feel comfortable having him as a 3rd down RB, but do we really need to go into the season with 4 RBs???

A 4th or a 5th for a backup RB is tough to get. Especially when they can pick someone up off waivers.

then no way would I give up Edwards or Henry for a 6th, no way...Id rather go into the season with 4 RBS on our roster

If we did that (4 RBs), what position(s) would you sacrifice?? 3rd TE/5th CB/5th DE/2nd FB/9th OL. You'd likely have to sacrifice two of them. FYI - 3rd TE, I mean legit TE (not the LS).

i say get rid of edwards....hes played real good which kinda jacks his value up, and we have decent depth behind Ricky with Henry n Minor anyways.

I'd say get rid of Edwards and add a few more cheerleaders.

Damn, ever since that thread about the Bills' cheerleader (yuck), with the pics of Miami's Heaters, I can think of nothing else.......could be coma related too.

Why ? So we can lack depth at RB ? Look, RE and LH are staying with the team. Mayber next year one will definetely be moved but not this year..

Saints gave a 4th rounder last year after their last pre-season game for a backup RB which turned out to be a bust.. So if Saints want to give up a 4th for Edwards, go for it.. That would give us 2 picks in the 4th round and 2 chances to get a McMichael type player in that round.. Trading Edwards would give us Minor and Leonard Henry to back up Ricky.. Why do we need 3 backups??

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Why ? So we can lack depth at RB ? Look, RE and LH are staying with the team. Mayber next year one will definetely be moved but not this year..

You have to remember, if we keep both of them, we're gonna have to sacrifice depth at another position.

Both players are free agents after the season. Henry will be an exclusive rights FA. So you can get him back. But Edwards will be good as gone (to greener pastures).

Originally posted by Muck

You have to remember, if we keep both of them, we're gonna have to sacrifice depth at another position.

Both players are free agents after the season. Henry will be an exclusive rights FA. So you can get him back. But Edwards will be good as gone (to greener pastures).

I doubt they will keep 4 HB's. I think they are only say they may keep 4 so they can attempt to get as much as they can as far as a draft pick from a team for the HB they are going to let go.

Oliver...

The Lions should also be in the market for RB depth. Stewart seperated his shoulder tonight and Bryson (I think) his back up is still nursing knee injuries.

The FO is probaly holding on to Edwards as long as they can. His value will increase if injuries happen to RB's across the league as they usually do.

I would definately take a fourth or fifth for him. An extra mid round pick is worth more than a back that would sit all year unless our season goes to hell with rash injuries to RB's. By the time he would see alot action here, we would decimated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeaah not only that - Robert Edwards DESERVES to be traded. He as earned the chance to get time on the field with a team that can give him an opportunity to be productive. He didn't work is a$$ off to sit in Miami and hold Ricky's jock.

Originally posted by Muck

Wasn't Edwards an exclusive rights FA this year? It seems like he was, and if so he'll be a restricted free agent next year. So with a sufficient tender, we could still get a draft pick if he signed elsewhere.

That said, if something happened to Ricky (knock on wood) and he had to miss a game or two, the one guy we have now that I would want to see most in the feature back role where he'd be getting 25 or so carries a game, would be Edwards.

Back
Top Bottom