Shula as VP of football ops? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shula as VP of football ops?

Phinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What are the odds of him taking what Dan didn't want? IMO he is more than qualified to do so.

It makes my head tingle just thinking about it. :drool:

If they offered it to him, he'd take it. If he was doing the job, though, it wouldn't entail the 5 day a week 10-14 hour/day thing that was envisioned for Dan. Honestly, I think it'd be a great idea. Get Shula's input on game planning, team weaknesses .... Just keep him out of personnel.

Originally posted by Phinz
What are the odds of him taking what Dan didn't want? IMO he is more than qualified to do so.

Did you actually hear this or is it just wishful thinking?? ;)

Originally posted by Phinz

I would be very surprised if D Shula would leave the confines of retirement to become a figurehead !

Having said that,, if Shula is approached I am sure that he will insist on having some type of input in the decision making on what is added to the Phins roster either through thec Draft or free agency !!

It is a guarantee that Don Shula will not just sit on his a$$, collect a paycheck, and smile like a bobble head doll for the media ...

:pirate:

Marino1983

Re: Re: Shula as VP of football ops?

Originally posted by Marino1983

I would be very surprised if D Shula would leave the confines of retirement to become a figurehead !

Having said that,, if Shula is approached I am sure that he will insist on having some type of input in the decision making on what is added to the Phins roster either through thec Draft or free agency !!

It is a guarantee that Don Shula will not just sit on his a$$, collect a paycheck, and smile like a bobble head doll for the media ...

:pirate:

Marino1983

Don "the facilitator" Shula ;)

i would expect Bernie Kosar to move into that position. A younger hungry exec who has experience but wants to work hard (long hours) to move up the exec ladder.

Huizenga will definitely try to get a "big name" to be the senior VP of football operations. I wouldn't be surprised if he offered Shula the job but I doubt he would take it.

However, we have heard nothing about hiring a new senior VP of football operations. Could there be a chance that we don't even bother hiring one?

Shula's name is intriguing; but doesn't everyone remember the disaster of a team he left us with and all the cap troubles? Everyone said that the game was behind him, he paid a crapload of money for guys like Eric Green, Steve Emtman, etc.

I'm not so sure he is the answer. Interesting though...I mean Joe Gibbs is back, Parcells is back...

Back
Top Bottom