SI Article on Hickey having the tools & cap room to build a winner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI Article on Hickey having the tools & cap room to build a winner

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/07/greg-bedard-weekend-notes-dennis-hickey-miami-dolphins/

This is a good article where they go over Hickeys past with the Bucs & discusses what's ahead for him with the Fins. Also talks about the good relationship he is already building with Philbin.

"Since being hired as the Dolphins’ general manager on Jan. 26, Dennis Hickey has spent his time as you might expect: in various meetings, including daily morning discussions with coach Joe Philbin and frequent strategy sessions with the entire coaching staff and the personnel department. So far, Hickey likes what he sees."

People will love Hickey when brings back Grimes, makes moves on the line and gets Soliai to re-sign.

Does it mean Miami is better? Maybe. To be fair, however, they are all moves we would make if we were GM.

Decent article...thanks for posting!

We will have a lot of info to judge Mr. Hickey on over the next couple of months. I'm optimistic and am thrilled to see the developing relationship between him and Philbin.

1. Bring back Grimes, Soliai, Clemons and Carroll
2. Find 3 Linemen that FIT a ZBS
3. Look at a vet back
4. Cut Wheeler?
5. Go BPA in the draft and maybe we have something…

I would like to see him snag a CB that could line up across from Grimes and have to lockdown guys, but I am greedy. However, I look at the sked next year and the great passing teams and it will be about pass D IMO.

I would love for Hickey to turn into a stud GM here in Miami, but the odds are not in our favor... :(

I would love for Hickey to turn into a stud GM here in Miami, but the odds are not in our favor... :(

Maybe after years of getting the "knight in shining armor" to fix us the "loser pick" is the one that fixes the franchise?

3. Look at a vet back
4. Cut Wheeler?

I would like to see him snag a CB that could line up across from Grimes and have to lockdown guys, but I am greedy. However, I look at the sked next year and the great passing teams and it will be about pass D IMO.

IM NOT SURE WHY ? we would draft another CB in this draft , we just drafted 2 CBs last year pretty high 1 in the 2nd and the other in the 3rd , Taylor and Davis , i think we need to bring Grimes back and if we can get patterson cheaper than what his cap is this year bring him back , but i see other areas that need attention more than the CB possion we need to get our OL fixed and get a pounder at RB and maybe another LB , but Taylor and Davis should be able to get there chance this year without going out and signing anybody other than what we had last year at CB ......

3. Look at a vet back
4. Cut Wheeler?

Me too bro haha

Wouldn't mind Tillman or Shields...one can dream.

IM NOT SURE WHY ? we would draft another CB in this draft , we just drafted 2 CBs last year pretty high 1 in the 2nd and the other in the 3rd , Taylor and Davis , i think we need to bring Grimes back and if we can get patterson cheaper than what his cap is this year bring him back , but i see other areas that need attention more than the CB possion we need to get our OL fixed and get a pounder at RB and maybe another LB , but Taylor and Davis should be able to get there chance this year without going out and signing anybody other than what we had last year at CB ......

I read somewhere Hickey's draft philosphy is to draft the best player available. If that happens to be a CB then I think that's what we'll get. At least with this draft philosophy he won't be reaching to fill a need.

I read somewhere Hickey's draft philosphy is to draft the best player available. If that happens to be a CB then I think that's what we'll get. At least with this draft philosophy he won't be reaching to fill a need.

That philiosphy is why we don't have Drew Brees to this day. You take the best player u can take but what u have on team has to be in consideration. You just don't reach on players too early

To be fair it is a great time to become a GM at the Dolphins.

A couple of good resignings will make things look good for him,
It's a good time to rebuild the O Line with plenty of decent priced options in FA, along with a couple of good draft picks,
After the Ireland era people will be wanting him to do well,
And anything that does work will be considered a great success.

I wouldn't mind becoming GM with all these things in his favour ;)

Don't get me wrong, I want him to do well, but the scene is well set for him to get off to a good start IMO

Back
Top Bottom