SI Says CC close to signing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI Says CC close to signing

DolFan31

aka FinSane
Reaction score
In the latest issue of Sports Illustrated,Inside the NFl section under "Dispatches",Si believes CC will sign with us soon

"..Free Agent wideout Cris Carter,having turned off the Rams by rescheduling his meeting with them to accomodate a negotiating session with the Browns three weeks ago,is close to signing wit the Dolphins as their theird wide reciever.."

:cool:

Originally posted by DolFan31
In the latest issue of Sports Illustrated,Inside the NFl section under "Dispatches",Si believes CC will sign with us soon

"..Free Agent wideout Cris Carter,having turned off the Rams by rescheduling his meeting with them to accomodate a negotiating session with the Browns three weeks ago,is close to signing wit the Dolphins as their theird wide reciever.."

:cool:
I'd more rather have Keenan McCardell, but Carter would be a nice addition, IMO, if the price is right.:cooldude:

CARTER WOULD TAKE HBO ANALYST JOB..

DOLFAN 31..... Chris Carter was at the NASDAQ Tennis tournament today---and told some reporters that he is waiting to hear if he will get the HBO analyst job opening...the same one that DAN MARINO had on the set of INSIDE THE NFL...before leaving for Network TV.
If CARTER gets the HBO job.....he will retire from the NFL...that is a job that he really would like..more than playing.
However...his agent and the Dolphins are still talking....and no formal offer has been put forth as of yet...so it is almost impossible for SI to say that a signing is imminent.
Right now...from what I understand....the Dolphins are contemplating putting together an offer sheet for WR/KR TERRANCE WILKENS...and if they do that....then they would have to see what happens with that....before making an offer for CARTER.
As for CARTER....right now it really looks like the DOLPHINS are the main players....he really wants to play here....but as of yet...he has to wait for WANNY to make up his mind... so meanwhile....he auditioned for the HBO job...
If CARTER gets the HBO job...he will retire...
If he doesn't get an answer soon from the HBO brass....he most likely will sign on with the Dolphins...that is the way I see this thing unfolding. Again...right now....the DOlphins are the only team showing any interest in CC...so there is no sense of urgency for WANN-SPIEL. Hopefully...the Dolphins will say something shortly on CARTER's status...but as of now....you can't say that Carter signing on with us...is close.
DCH

Re: Re: SI Says CC close to signing

Originally posted by booyeah_

I'd more rather have Keenan McCardell, but Carter would be a nice addition, IMO, if the price is right.:cooldude:

Ditto

i agree, booyeah...keenan would be a beautiful fit, but he'll command alot more CC at this point and wr is not a need position at this point

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We are fine at WR now, we don't need any of these people.

Fine? The last two years Miami has been hurt by injuries at WR. Come November, Gadsen wil complain about his 85 year old toes and will miss games. Ward is iffy to last a whole year. Chambers was banged up and missed a playoff game. McKnight hands are on the injured reserve list. Any help, especially with a player like Carter will help in the depth department and give Miami another playmaker.

Let Carter sign with HBO....................... The Fins will do fine without him! :cool:

I Have to Disagree...

Originally posted by DolphinLunatic
Let Carter sign with HBO....................... The Fins will do fine without him! :cool:

...I think they'll do much better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom