Sig Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sig Question

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
A mod who didn't leave their name deleted my sig saying the size of it was to big. The actual dimensions of the sig is smaller than a lot of other people's, however it is an animated gif that is larger in terms of bytes. It's my understanding that the pic is hosted on a different site and therefore doesn't use any finheaven bandwidth so why was it deleted?

And is it possible for mods to leave a signature when they make changes so if something like this happens again i can ask the person directly, perhaps via PM?

even if its hosted on another site it takes up finheaven bandwidth... every pic is cought by the computer and saved on ur temparoy internet files

Jt0323 said:
even if its hosted on another site it takes up finheaven bandwidth... every pic is cought by the computer and saved on ur temparoy internet files

ok, how about the signature of who makes changes thing?

Jt0323 said:
what? i dont understand what ur trying to say
if a mod changes someone's signature, post, whatever, it would be nice to know which mod did it. why can't a mod leave their initials, name, or some other identifying mark so it can be known who made the change?

It looks like the mod has edited your sig again. The size limit is 40k.

It doesn't matter if the sig file is hosted here or on another server. The image still has to be loaded. And bigger files take longer. Our goal is to have the site load as quickly as possible for all members without rendering the site bare.

As for the second part of your question, IMO it's not anything that needs to be changed. For example, if one of our mods makes an unpopular decision that the TOS states must be made, he/she should not have to endure any harassment for it. Howerver, if a mod oversteps his bounds or makes a mistake, you are free to PM any one of us or post here. These kinds of issues are handled internally.

In this case, there is no need to contact a mod directly. This (signature modification) is something we all do on an hourly basis. We change dozens of sigs every day. The reasons why are clearly stated in the TOS. If someone has questions as to why a their signature was removed, reading the TOS will shed light 99% of the time. Generally, the mod will leave a note in your signature as well.

This (anonimity) allows the mod(s) additional time to perform other site-related duties. But if there's ever a question, feel free to post in this very forum. In doing so, you have a better chance of having your question answered quickly as opposed to PM'ing any one of us directly (as we all have jobs, school, etc. in real life.) But that isn't to say you shouldn't ever use the PM feature. :)

Back
Top Bottom