Sign Hunter Henry in FA? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Hunter Henry in FA?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I haven't really heard anyone interested in this guy, but I feel like we could use a complete TE piece for this offense to pair with Gesiki. Gesiski seems to be developing into the pass catching TE we all envisioned when we drafted him and we all expect more improvement next year for him, but he cant block. Miami had Gesiki blocking 400% less (per Locked on Dolphins Podcast) this past year vs the year before. Smythe isn't that dude and maybe he will come along in the future,but I have my doubts.

You could also go the draft route, but TE is a position that take a couple years for these guys to adapt to the NFL. I wouldn't mind taking one in the later rounds and hoping to develop him, but we still need one now.

That's where Hunter Henry comes in who is a damn good TE who can block and catch. We have tons of cap space and TE is a position that is not going to break the bank in FA. I do not advocate making him the top paid TE in the NFL which would put him at around $12.5M+ a year (Currently Ertz is the top paid at $12.5M), but if we can get him for around $9M I would be all for it.

He would instantly bolster our running game (which Flores has stated over and over that he wants to focus on), add another very nice REDZONE weapon, and take off tons of pressure from Gesiski who could focus on his catching even more.

Two TE sets with Gesiki and Henry would be awesome.

I dont see him getting away from LA especially if Rivers leaves. Shoot I just dont see him leaving.

We definitely need a backup tight end capable of making an impact in the passing game, preferably a do-it-all type to compliment Gesicki. Smythe just doesn't do it for me.

Wouldn't go for a costly/high draft pick though, as Gesicki will be the main man in the passing game. I'd go for a veteran who can help Gesicki continue to develop.

I'd much rather have Derrick Henry!!

Tennessee is the franchise who signed DeMarco Murray away from Dallas, and still drafted Henry. I don't see him going anywhere.

I'd love to have another talented TE opposite Gesicki. Much like the scumbags did with gronk and Hernandez. Gesicki is on the verge of greatness and having 2 deadly TEs would be awesome. I wouldn't mind drafting one in the first 3 rounds as an option also.

All I can say is I would take hunter over Smythe
Edit: is ebron a FA? I wouldn't mind making an offer

Too expensive and we have bigger fish to fry. Plus he has a lot of injuries. And he will probably re sign with Chargers anyway.

Gesinki is the man for TE. Money is better spent elsewhere...particular the OL and DE spots.

The only player W/ a history of lower body injuries I’m putting major capital into this off season is tua

He’s going to get paid more than he’s worth. He’s good but not really good. He’s going to be paid like Dion Sims was. Not worth it / pass.

Too much time off the field for my liking given his price tag. Like the skill set, like the player, just don't like injury history vs. Cost. Again my belief is that our FA spending will be relatively conservative,

Back
Top Bottom