Sign pointing to Edwards?!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign pointing to Edwards?!?

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolnfl22apr22,0,4523536.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front
The Minnesota Vikings have admitted interest in moving up in the first round of Saturday's NFL Draft, but a swap with the Dolphins appears unlikely.

During a pre-draft news conference Thursday, Vikings Director of College Scouting Scott Studwell said there were "a couple players" who were enticing enough for Minnesota to consider surrendering its two first-round selections (No. 7 and 18) to acquire an earlier pick. But the Vikings don't expect such a trade to happen after recent talks with the teams holding the top three picks: San Francisco (No. 1), the Dolphins (No. 2) and Cleveland (No. 3).

"I think the likelihood of us doing it is probably remote, but there are some players there that we really covet for our football team," Studwell said.

It's believed Minnesota's desire to trade up stemmed from an interest in University of Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards, but as indicated by a source earlier this month, the Dolphins also appear to have strong interest in Edwards.
Hmm, could we now be telling Minny that we aren't trading because we want Edwards? Seems Minny is willing to make the trade.

I don't think Saban would want Edwards bad enough to turn down the #7 and #18 pick. I could be wrong though.

Beat me to this. I dont see a reason why were not dropping to #7. Saban must be asking for both firsts and a first next year or something for the price to be to steep. Im confused...No player in this draft in my opinion is not worth getting two first rounders for plus more!

No I dont think so. This report seems kinda misleading. The Viks said that they were thinking of trading up but not their two firsts. They had said they think Williams will be available for them at #7. If he isnt then they will try to trade down more.

I think that if the deal was straight up the two firsts I think you take it despite not being book value. Less money to a player and you get two quality prospects. Either Caddy and Clayton, of Caddy and defensive help. Or Williams and someone. I cant see why you wouldnt do this.

byroan said:
I don't think Saban would want Edwards bad enough to turn down the #7 and #18 pick. I could be wrong though.
I have to agree, moving to 7 we dont even lose that much. We will still have a shot at one of the 3 RB's, and if its a reciever Saban wants Mark Clayton or Roddy White will be there at 18.

Is there really any telling what's going through Saban's head at this point? The best available player IS Edwards...

Smith is falling to #2 and Saban would need more than 2 of Minny's 1st to give up a QB he covets.

I'll be glad when this draft is done & over with....mindboggling....

If we pick edwards, browns pick williams. If we pick williams, browns pick edwards. No WR at #7 besides clayton and jones (out of prospected first round picks)

Boone...Where did J LO go??????? Was I imagineing things???

shurtyj said:
Is there really any telling what's going through Saban's head at this point? The best available player IS Edwards...

Or williams.

Everybody keeps knocking his speed, what, his 40 speed is .07 different than edwards? Its close to that. Its less than a 10th of a second. Williams is taller, bigger. Plus he worked out with chris carter to improve his game, which makes me feel pretty good about him.

Whos to say whos the best WR. Both of them are pro-bowlers in any case.

I don't think anybody here will have a clue what the hell Miami's going to do until about 12:20- 12:30 on Saturday. I would like to think however that Saban isn't being too stubborn by not taking two 1st rounders, but like i said........ who the heck knows

Back
Top Bottom