Signing chambers is important, yes. But don't over-react | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Signing chambers is important, yes. But don't over-react

RunTravisRun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Chambers/Boston tag team is very good to have. It should allow our RBs to have some decent running room. But don't get to excited. Chambers, to me, has been a little bit of a dissapointment for me. He has randy moss like talent, and I dont think that is a exageration. I keep thinking he is going to have a 1400 yard, 12 TD year. Every year i hope that. Every year I draft him in my FF league. Every year, he sits on my bench. I am glad we signed him yes, but its time for him to have a breakout year. Hes getting expierenced....he has a good #2 WR to help him out on doubleteams.....this has to be his big year, or I myself am really going to start to doubt that he will ever reach his full potential. heres to hoping he does.

Also, we have to resign Ogun. I said it before I'll say it again.....without him, out team sack total is decreasing 50%. Mark it down. He is not over-rated, and is still very young. I think he can be better than JT, yes. He takes pressure off of JT, and makes our D-Line what it is. We have to re-sign him.

If we re-sign him, our D-line will again be a top 5 line. And if chambers finally lives up to the hype, we will be hard to handle on both sides of the ball. If chambers again has a sub-1000 yard season.....and we dont resign Ogun....make no mistake, we're in trouble.

RunTravisRun said:
The Chambers/Boston tag team is very good to have. It should allow our RBs to have some decent running room. But don't get to excited. Chambers, to me, has been a little bit of a dissapointment for me. He has randy moss like talent, and I dont think that is a exageration. I keep thinking he is going to have a 1400 yard, 12 TD year. Every year i hope that. Every year I draft him in my FF league. Every year, he sits on my bench. I am glad we signed him yes, but its time for him to have a breakout year. Hes getting expierenced....he has a good #2 WR to help him out on doubleteams.....this has to be his big year, or I myself am really going to start to doubt that he will ever reach his full potential. heres to hoping he does.

Also, we have to resign Ogun. I said it before I'll say it again.....without him, out team sack total is decreasing 50%. Mark it down. He is not over-rated, and is still very young. I think he can be better than JT, yes. He takes pressure off of JT, and makes our D-Line what it is. We have to re-sign him.

If we re-sign him, our D-line will again be a top 5 line. And if chambers finally lives up to the hype, we will be hard to handle on both sides of the ball. If chambers again has a sub-1000 yard season.....and we dont resign Ogun....make no mistake, we're in trouble.

you make some good points but i am still glad we signed chambers, its not his fault he didnt have good numbers blame that on jay and wanny. completely agree with our sacks being cut in half if we dont re-sign Ogun

RunTravisRun said:
The Chambers/Boston tag team is very good to have. It should allow our RBs to have some decent running room. But don't get to excited. Chambers, to me, has been a little bit of a dissapointment for me.

Too bad for you. Most other peope realize that Chambers has been phenomenal given the lack of talent of the QBs he's had throwing to him.

I too don't understand how Chambers hasn't impressed you. He was pretty much our only reciever last year.

It's not like Cris has Aikman or Marino throwing him the rock. Also he didn't have a good complementary reciever to take the pressure off him. For example Michael Irven had Alvin Harper, Duper had Clayton etc. The line was bad last year and Big Dave wanted to run every play in the most predictable offense in N.F.L. history. I rewatch all the games and Jay Fiedler just can't throw the midrange or deep pass. Cris was wide open so many times it's absurd and Jay just flat out threw a crappy ball. Half the time Cris had turn into a defensive back to try to prevent interceptions. To me he's not quite in the Randy Moss category. This year we're going to have to open up the offense and hopefully Feeley will be able to connect with Cris especially now that we have a dangerous second reciever like David Boston. I love the kid and I hope this is his breakout year. And yes we need O-Gun for all the reasons you stated. He is crucial.

you can't blame chambers - he catches everything thrown his way - its not his fault they don't throw to him more. our team was built around the run, so he didn't have too much an opportunity. hopefully now that will change....

it would also help if we had marino back.... ;)

Rick 1966 said:
Too bad for you. Most other peope realize that Chambers has been phenomenal given the lack of talent of the QBs he's had throwing to him.

couldn't agree more, the guy makes some phenomenal catches and has overachieved in my eyes, considering the amoung of chances he gets in a game, the types of catches hes forced to make, the state of our o line and QBs since he's been here. This was absolutely a necessary move, and i'm thrilled, chambers is without a doubt an elite NFL wide receiver. Top 5, probably not, but you're mistaking if you don't think he's a legit number 1, and threat. Hopefully our QBs give him a chance to make the leap to the upper echelon for good.

hes no irving fryer, oj mcduffee, mark duper or clayton. but for once i'll agree w/ the fiedler haters that he doesnt have the talent getting him the ball. if marino had fryer, oj mcduffee, and chambers w/ ricky in the backfield marino would have had at least 2 rings on his finger. its all about whos spreading the ball around and not so much of who's catching it.

:nono: Hey RunTravisRun, you are wrong. How many DEs has JT made look like all stars? Trace Armstrong. Kenny Mixon. Lorenzo Bromell. Adewale Ogunleye. Yes O-Gun is talented but JT has done this before and those DEs have struggled without him, and do not put up the same type of numbers. Also, you say you want CC to have an 1400 yard season with 12 TDs. He had 11 last season and he was our only reciever and was I believe 37 yards off from 1,000.

Prime Time said:
:nono: Hey RunTravisRun, you are wrong. How many DEs has JT made look like all stars? Trace Armstrong. Kenny Mixon. Lorenzo Bromell. Adewale Ogunleye. Yes O-Gun is talented but JT has done this before and those DEs have struggled without him, and do not put up the same type of numbers
This has already been refuted by others on this board with season stats, of the players you mention, I might add. Ogunleye may not be a "Jayson Taylor" yet, but he very well could become one. On the field that is. Off the field, Taylor has him out classed by a country mile. And me coming from the city, they(country folks) tell me that's very far!

Taylor has yet to complain about contracts, he just hits the field and gets what he deserves because of his play. That's a class act.

Granted Ogunleye should be paid more, but he should have at least been classy enough to not pull the hold out crap.

This is just my 2 yards.

I didn't think he was going to go anywhere else... I knew his agent said he was willing to go to free agency but i still dont think he would have left miami

BSQX4 said:
It's not like Cris has Aikman or Marino throwing him the rock. Also he didn't have a good complementary reciever to take the pressure off him. For example Michael Irven had Alvin Harper, Duper had Clayton etc. The line was bad last year and Big Dave wanted to run every play in the most predictable offense in N.F.L. history. I rewatch all the games and Jay Fiedler just can't throw the midrange or deep pass. Cris was wide open so many times it's absurd and Jay just flat out threw a crappy ball. Half the time Cris had turn into a defensive back to try to prevent interceptions. To me he's not quite in the Randy Moss category. This year we're going to have to open up the offense and hopefully Feeley will be able to connect with Cris especially now that we have a dangerous second reciever like David Boston. I love the kid and I hope this is his breakout year. And yes we need O-Gun for all the reasons you stated. He is crucial.
Not trying to be mean, but why should we take someones take on Chambers' seriously from a person who can't even spell his 1st name right? :goof:

RunTravisRun said:

signing chambers is a big deal.he could put up 1400 yards if we didnt run as much.and he had 11 td's last year leading the afc in rec td's.we need chris chambers.

Billsfan84 said:
Not trying to be mean, but why should we take someones take on Chambers' from a person who can't even spell his 1st name right? :goof:
That's a pretty cheap shot for someone that just showed up on these boards. Believe me, I am one to try to pay attention to details but not everyone cares about that. It's one of my pet peeves, yet I try my hardest to let it slide.

Please try to be a bit more constructive in your criticisms. I am still learning to practice this myself.

BlitPhinFan said:
That's a pretty cheap shot for someone that just showed up on these boards. Believe me, I am one to try to pay attention to details but not everyone cares about that. It's one of my pet peeves, yet I try my hardest to let it slide.

Please try to be a bit more constructive in your criticisms. I am still learning to practice this myself.
Alright sorry. BTW - I've been on this site since 2002 (Not that you could tell).

Back
Top Bottom