Signing Winners | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Signing Winners

tofishfan

Starter
Reaction score
A very quick thought all.

I know the Fins haven't had all the success in the FA market BUT consider that the three newest players come from last years participants in the big game (I'd mention the name but fear I may be sued based on copy right issues:D)

IMO this has been the biggest weakness of this team, so bringing championship caliber players can't hurt.:idea:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2004/spins040504.htm

PFW: How do you rate the latest signings?

Reynolds: The teams who may have been wounded most severely Thursday were the Jets, Dolphins and Rams. The Jets, who worked diligently to keep CB Antoine Winfield from negotiating with other interested teams, watched Winfield slip through their fingers and board a plane to Minnesota, where he is visiting with former defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell and the Vikings. Jacksonville and Houston were hot on Winfield’s trail, but Minnesota has the abundant cap space to ensure Winfield wears purple next season.

The Dolphins’ top target in free agency was Woody. Having lost out on the talented interior lineman, Miami had to have been devastated by the loss of ORT Todd Wade and what looks like a snub by Chiefs transition player John Tait, who can play either OT spot. Even if the Dolphins lock up OLG Jeno James, it has a hole at offensive tackle. Miami may go the mid-level route and ink a potential star like OLT Damion McIntosh, who had injury problems in San Diego but is a fine athlete with a high ceiling. Bengals OG Mike Goff should also get a look from GM Rick Spielman and Co.

Who are these players you speak of?

Jeno James & Reggie Howard---ok...they're from the Panthers.

But A.J. Feeley was an Eagle---

Who is the 3rd player?

know the Fins haven't had all the success in the FA market

I disagree.

Except from the Feeley signing, which seemed kinda desperate, I think we are doing pretty well, and I am very excited about next years team =).

Miami may go the mid-level route and ink a potential star like OLT Damion McIntosh, who had injury problems in San Diego but is a fine athlete with a high ceiling.

Good talk about McIntosh. I'm starting to want this guy. Wait, that sounded pretty ghey. I'll rephrase. I'm starting to desire......dammit. Ok, I'm starting to hope we sign McIntosh. There we go!!

Bengals OG Mike Goff should also get a look from GM Rick Spielman and Co.

He just signed with San Diego on Thursday. Young guy who's a road grader. Dang.

Big O says McIntosh is crap and Adam Meadows is the guy we should go after.

I like how many of the people we sign/are trying to sign fall into a nice agegroup. Experienced but still with a good amount of years left.

Akins came from NE.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting these guys will win us everything.

Just trying to put a positive spin on the situation.

Originally posted by Agua
Big O says McIntosh is crap and Adam Meadows is the guy we should go after.

Well I just disagree with him here. ;)

Meadows is rapidly in decline. He's suffering injuries. He never was a the type of lineman we're looking for. More of a finesse guy.

McIntosh is young and on the rise. He can plow. And he can probably pass protect better than Todd Wade.

I think this year has been a disaster. Last year we didnt want to spend the money and therefore lost out on a bunch of good FA's. This year we cut people. Restructured the contracts of everyone and their dog, planned on overpaying for some players and we still havent signed anyone.

Everyone seems to be giving Miami the finger no matter how much money we throw at them. I am sad.

He's too soft and he has only played well for about six games.

Agree completely. Meadows lost his starting job to a youngster this past season, didn't he? He's about like a low grade Richmond Webb (in his prime - and at RT instead of LT) - pretty good pass blocker, not real aggressive in run blocking.

As for McIntosh, I have spoken to several people that follow the Chargers very closely, and when I mention his name one of the first things they all say is that they wish they could have had him at Right Tackle instead of left because the guy can runblock like a bulldozer, but pass protects with all the finesse of a matadore (O'Le!)

I wouldn't want him covering my QB's blind side, but at the point of attack for our running game on the right side, he can definately get the job done.

So compared to last years O line are all these guys...Meadows etc. that much worse?

I think Wade may have been a loss but otherwise....

Back
Top Bottom