Similarities between Movie Any Given Sunday and the Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Similarities between Movie Any Given Sunday and the Dolphins?

IMO I didn't think it was even a good movie let alone a good football movie.
The only thing simular to the Fins was an aging QB, other than that there wasn't a hollywood player close to a real player that was on the Fins roster at the time.
The uniforms looked like the Bills front office designed them.

As far as Pacino's role, he seemed like a cross between Shula (aging once great coach) and scareface. And what NFL coach dresses like that on the sideline?
L. Taylor played a role that he's always played LT. And the whole Willie Beamon off the field crap was over the top, and Loran Holly's role as Dennis Quades wife pushing her husband to play hurt because she had a reputation to uphold as the starting QBs wife was over done too.

My favorite parts of the movie was, 1) The referance to having to compete with the Dolphins and their new stadium. 2) The saved by the Bell hooker chic. and finally, 3)THE EYE BALL POPPING OUT OF THE PLAYERS HEAD!!!!!:adfin: :roflmao:

I heard the same stuff as Muck did, as far as off the field stuff and the players laughing about it and the EYEBALL,:roflmao: and hey do you think they stole the whole cutting the car in half thing from Hacksaw Reynolds the ex 49ers DLmen?

Overall I feel I wasted my time and money on this ..eh um.. movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only see one similarity. Oliver Stone is a slimeball ala Drew Rosenhaus. I also doubt teammates chainsawing each others cars is the norm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope don't really see any similarities to the Phins in that movie. Stone is a hardcore 49'er fan. I sense a lot of his intentions were to make fun of the Rams.

Back
Top Bottom