Sirius NFL radio said Saban looked hard at CB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sirius NFL radio said Saban looked hard at CB's

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

Not really a surprise since Daniels was the only healthy CB we had on the roster last year that fits Saban's type of CB mold. We are in need of an influx of youth on D especially and it needs to start with the secondary. Said to see Madison go but he doesn't fit the scheme. Good riddance to Howard.

EDIT: This is in regards to the combine.

InMyChambers said:
Not really a surprise since Daniels was the only healthy CB we had on the roster last year that fits Saban's type of CB mold. We are in need of an influx of youth on D especially and it needs to start with the secondary. Said to see Madison go but he doesn't fit the scheme. Good riddance to Howard.
i agree cb olb and saftey need to be adressed. cromartie in the first is who i would like

i wouldnt mind seeing us draft 2 cb's and a safety. but we clearly need a big run stuffer in the middle as well. I wouldnt be upset to see us just see what we have developing at linebacker and defensive end. On offense we need a QB and a left tackle and i am really really hoping to see Bentley at C. That would be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee.

Obviously it's a major need now. All that we really got are Daniels and Poole. Thomas is gonna be a FA and we don't know how Poole is. I would say we sign a couple of vets and draft one early.

WvFinFan said:
i wouldnt mind seeing us draft 2 cb's and a safety. but we clearly need a big run stuffer in the middle as well. I wouldnt be upset to see us just see what we have developing at linebacker and defensive end. On offense we need a QB and a left tackle and i am really really hoping to see Bentley at C. That would be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee.

Couldn't Manny or Vickerson stuff the middle by next year?

gator_sensation said:
I see us drafting two CB's.

I think we draft one and sign one in free agency. We might make a push for a guy like Azumah.

gator_sensation said:
I see us drafting two CB's.

I dont see us drafting any CBs.

Do you really expect us to go into 2006 with our top 3 corners having a combined 15 starts of experience?

Disgustipate said:
I dont see us drafting any CBs.

Do you really expect us to go into 2006 with our top 3 corners having a combined 15 starts of experience?

I am with you, I have been saying all along we have 3 young corners on the team already. We will get one in FA to replace Sam IMO.

I do think we will draft a Safety though. Likely in the 4th, just a gut feeling with the players availiable in the first 3 picks.

I also bet Saban has been looking hard at players in every position in this draft. You could say "Saban has been looking hard at (insert position here)", and I would belive ya.

Back
Top Bottom