Sirius Radio tidbit...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sirius Radio tidbit......

jonanthans

LES f**g MILES
Reaction score
Rumor is, the Jets have contacted the Texans about moving up to the #1 spot, apparently John Abraham is involved in the deal, likely a swap of the picks and Abraham as well as a mid round pick is what I would figure. But I wonder if the Jets are trying to move up to get Cutler or are they after Bush?

If they stay put at the #4 position, they would have a great chance of getting one of the big 3 QBs. Since they are trying to move up, it has to be that they want Bush, because Curtis Martin will be 33 this year and they don't have a reliable backup at that position. Between, Cutler, Young, and Leinert; there are no bad choices; so why give up a additional picks/players to move up three spaces to draft a QB when one of them will eventually fall to your lap at #4? They have to be going after Bush if they move up to #1.

abraham, a 2nd and their 1stfor the number 1 and either matt or bush

If they have a conviction on a certain QB it obviously would ensure they get their guy, probably Cutler or Leinart.

jonanthans said:
Rumor is, the Jets have contacted the Texans about moving up to the #1 spot, apparently John Abraham is involved in the deal, likely a swap of the picks and Abraham as well as a mid round pick is what I would figure. But I wonder if the Jets are trying to move up to get Cutler or are they after Bush?

I think that's a bit steep to move up 3 spots. We better get more picks in return including a 2.

nyjunc said:
I think that's a bit steep to move up 3 spots. We better get more picks in return including a 2.

You can't be serious. Have you ever seen the draft value chart?

SpeedRush99 said:
You can't be serious. Have you ever seen the draft value chart?

Yeah but giving up a premier passrusher and our #4 pick to move up 3 spots? That's too much.

nyjunc said:
Yeah but giving up a premier passrusher and our #4 pick to move up 3 spots? That's too much.

Plus another pick.

jonanthans said:

Cutler, isnt it obvious? Houstons goal here is to trade down and still get Bush because they would know that NO would get leinert/Young or Dbrick or whatever besides another star RB. Its like an oral agreement that the Jets are after Cutler. Then NO finds that out and then hopefully they offer them more. Jets are after Cutler, so that pretty much tells you right there that Jets and NO are battling for Cutler. Its pretty much set in stone at this point my friends.

nyjunc said:

A pass rusher who is unhappy in Jet land

Who is the by the way simplying going to ***** about it like crazy and doesn't fit the Texans' biggest need either. **** let's say he's worth a 2nd, that still leaves plenty of value to make up for. This year the draft is according to that chart(it's tailored to years where the talent at the top is at a premium).

There's no doubt in my mind they'd be trading up to get Bush. If they're talking about trading up now, before the combine, they definitely want Bush. None of the big 3 have done anything lately to warrant the #1 pick overall.

Back
Top Bottom