SI's John Clayton on Fins, Pats match-up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's John Clayton on Fins, Pats match-up

what are you smoking? get off your horse. I am not bitching about who is starting and I am a Jay supporter moron. Where did I ever say I should be coach? I merely pointing out something any "intelligent" person can figure out, we must start taking advantage of opportunities as they present themselves. I actually was supporting our offense, but stating they need to step it up. Or in your infinite wisdom do you believe this offense is hitting on all cylinders right now? The fact that I think they can do better is showing a belief they are better than they are playing.

Well since you as well are only a fan, what you think about me or any others posts dont mean ****.

WOW after all of that I am about afraid to post an opinion, but since I feel brave today I think I will give it a shot any way. Here goes my .02 worth.
I feel that it is not so important to get it all together just yet. As long as we keep putting "W"s on the board I think it keeps the team motivated to really work hard in practice to get better. If we were beating teams 42-0 every week at this point in the season the players would get lazy, which may have something to do with some of our late season failures. Look at how Tampa's season went last season. Early in the season everyone looked over them because they had no offense. They continued to get better every week because they knew they had to. They stayed focused, got better every week, kept motivated to get better every week and it worked out to the point they got the ring. The same kind of thing happened to the Ravens in their championship season. They went something like 4 straight games with out a TD. They also had QB questions early.
Now I love our "D" but I am not saying they are in the same class as those teams. I do think however our offense has a chance to be better than theirs. I, like everyone, is used to seeing our team really click in the early part of the sesason, peek too early, then fall off late. What I am saying is this is a long seaon, and we want to be playing our best ball late, not now. Look at how well the jills started out. They looked umbeatable, now how do they look?? I dont want to lose ANY game, but winning while looking average is fine for me at this point in the season as long as we are getting better.
As a matter of fact, if I had my choice of winning this game or the one vs the pats at their place I would rather win the last one. Being in second place at this point of the season for this team would not be the end of the world. Look at how much harder they have worked since the first game.
QBs , OLs, run blocking schemes, and even "D"s have ups and downs. They get hot and they have periods where they are not so hot. Lets hope this year we get hot late instead of early.

BTW Finfrenzy. You really need to change that pic. My hand is getting sore. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
you can have an opinion, my point was someone told me I wasnt allowed. My point is it concerns me that we keep coming up short. I agree it is better to get hot late. Look at the ravens in 2000, their offense went how many games without being able to score? I just think we need to hit more opportunities, we keep waiting til next week, we could run out of next weeks.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Too bad the O-Line sucks and isn't giving Feidler any time to hit those long passes.

Brady can fricken have a picnic he's been getting so much protection in the pocket.

Barbarian... I've been watching the games too and I've seen pretty decent pocket protection for the Fins. I didn't know Brady can eat a picnic in the pocket but yet has 17 sacks this year while Fiedler only has 7 sacks on him?

You say the same thing in every post "our O-line sucks", but don't know why? We have the same guys from last year except one rookie starting this year because he's performed very well. We have Tim Ruddy in center; Jamie Nails, Todd Perry, and if needed 2nd yr well-appraised Seth McKinney all in guard; Todd Wade and Wade Smith in tackle. All these guys are vets except Wade Smith. The O-line can't be blamed entirely.

:D

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Barbarian... I've been watching the games too and I've seen pretty decent pocket protection for the Fins. I didn't know Brady can eat a picnic in the pocket but yet has 17 sacks this year while Fiedler only has 7 sacks on him?

You say the same thing in every post "our O-line sucks", but don't know why? We have the same guys from last year except one rookie starting this year because he's performed very well. We have Tim Ruddy in center; Jamie Nails, Todd Perry, and if needed 2nd yr well-appraised Seth McKinney all in guard; Todd Wade and Wade Smith in tackle. All these guys are vets except Wade Smith. The O-line can't be blamed entirely.

:D

its the whole offense. But the offense generally does better at home dont ya think? that is something that not alot of people are saying. on the road, everything becomes more difficult. another thing is when a key player gets hurt, like konrad, that changes the game plan for norv a bit. with femi playing as a norv guy this week, you could see some serious pass plays to him using ricky as a decoy. i think we will do fine but we still need to connect with a long one and i would love to connect early.

also i think it would be awsome to get 3 WR's in there on the first plays to mix their brains right off the bat.

Back
Top Bottom