Six or 16, Young's still a wonder at QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Six or 16, Young's still a wonder at QB

ronrevog

Starter
Reaction score
in 1983 Dan Marino scored a 16 or a 14 i've heard both - that didn't keep him out of the Hall of Fame. The average score for NFL quarterbacks is 24, and cognitive showoffs like Brian Griese and Eli Manning got 39s. (Fifty is perfect, by the way, since there are only 50 questions.)

My happiest day as Dolphin fan since Marino got us in the Super Bowl would be if someway somehow the Dolphins end up with this Kid. I think he's got all the tools and I see the Kid runnin on a 7 year streak were he jsut has an amazing career...

We'll see...

ronrevog said:
in 1983 Dan Marino scored a 16 or a 14 i've heard both - that didn't keep him out of the Hall of Fame. The average score for NFL quarterbacks is 24, and cognitive showoffs like Brian Griese and Eli Manning got 39s. (Fifty is perfect, by the way, since there are only 50 questions.)

My happiest day as Dolphin fan since Marino got us in the Super Bowl would be if someway somehow the Dolphins end up with this Kid. I think he's got all the tools and I see the Kid runnin on a 7 year streak were he jsut has an amazing career...

We'll see...

He does have all the tools I will not deny that. However he is not ready for the NFL yet. He needs to be sit down around 2 years and have someone show him that him running is not the answer. He needs to become more polished as a passer. I think Vince Young can be a good QB only if he drops to a good team that can afford to sit him. If he gets drafted to early ppl will expect the world out of him and he will not be able to give it to them. He is a project. There are alot of qB's in this draft that are more qualifed to play right away in the NFL however very few have the tools that Young has. I hope that in the Draft this guy falls to someone who can coach him and really teach him how to QB in the NFL without throwing him into the wolves right away.

He seems to be the next McNair from everything I have seen.

Hes got way more athleticism than MCnair. Mcnair has a more solid frame. Young is long and lean with stop and go moves.

young got a 6 because the number 6 team in the draft was going to pick him then they changed there mind. So he did the test again and got a 16 now the number 16 team with the pick will get him lol

Skeet84 said:
He does have all the tools I will not deny that. However he is not ready for the NFL yet. He needs to be sit down around 2 years and have someone show him that him running is not the answer. He needs to become more polished as a passer. I think Vince Young can be a good QB only if he drops to a good team that can afford to sit him. If he gets drafted to early ppl will expect the world out of him and he will not be able to give it to them. He is a project. There are alot of qB's in this draft that are more qualifed to play right away in the NFL however very few have the tools that Young has. I hope that in the Draft this guy falls to someone who can coach him and really teach him how to QB in the NFL without throwing him into the wolves right away.

yeah Young is probably not ready to start from day one. But then again most QBs that are drafted arent ready to start and all are somewhat of a project. Im not worried about that IQ test he took too much. He has the tools and thats the most important thing.
I would love for Young to fall in our laps but that is probably never going to happen. hell be gone by the time we pick.

young3ce-1.jpg

vince young is boom or bust personified, but he has the highest ceiling of anybody in this draft imo. if he is there at #16, f*** the wonderlic, ya gotta take him, but it won't come to that- if he drops, somebody before us will take him.

SpeedRush99 said:
Yeah right past us please.

would you really be that upset if we drafted young? he might be a dumbarse, but you can't deny his talent and potential.

I would be extremely upset. Vince Young is AT LEAST 2-3 years out before he does anything in the NFL.

With the holes we have and the need we have in the secondary, CB and S, OT, OLB, and an aging Dline, using our first round pick on a definate project would drive me nuts.

I think Cutler is more ready to start in our offense than Young is...... I dont want to elaborate on this and turn this into your standard Young vs. Cutler comparison thread.

Phishstix said:
would you really be that upset if we drafted young? he might be a dumbarse, but you can't deny his talent and potential.
i've seen nothing that would indicate he can be a good player on the next level at quarterback, so i wouldn't want him.

Philter25 said:
I don't want to elaborate on this and turn this into your standard Young vs. Cutler comparison thread.

i don't either, i was just asking. we do have needs on defense that need to be addressed, but i myself wouldn't be dissapointed if we ended up w/ young.

Phishstix said:

Yes, i would. I want absolutely nothing to do with him. He has shown me nothing that makes me think he can be a top notch QB at the next level.

Back
Top Bottom