Six or 16, Young's still a wonder at QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Six or 16, Young's still a wonder at QB

SpeedRush99 said:
Yes, i would. I want absolutely nothing to do with him. He has shown me nothing that makes me think he can be a top notch QB at the next level.

Vince Young hasnt shown you anything? Then you have been living with eyes closed, as a sophmore the kid upstaged Cedric Benson and LB Johnson as the best player on that team and Benson went 4th in the draft... Young singedhandedly took down Michigan...

now lets travel a year after that, espn is pitting all the greatest teams in college football history against USC ion their "professional" sim opinions no one could beat USC...

but a season later they were down by 12 in the 4th to that said USC team, in comes Young, down by a score 4th and Goal, in scores Young, a man possesed.

Young wins the best college football game since UM and BC and Young hasnt shown you anything? Young was 13-13 against USC to start the game, he hasnt shown you anything? Carolina Panthers were using Young as inspiration on the sidelines against Seattle, of youre never out of the game, and he hasnt shown you anything? Rushed for over 200 yds and Passed for Over 250 and hasnt shown you anything?

Ive read your posts you are no doubt a smart guy, but you are biased, and have already made up your mind on nothing tangible...

what has Cutler shown you that sets him apart from every other hyped noob coming out of college...

ronrevog said:
Vince Young hasnt shown you anything? Then you have been living with eyes closed, as a sophmore the kid upstaged Cedric Benson and LB Johnson as the best player on that team and Benson went 4th in the draft... Young singedhandedly took down Michigan...

now lets travel a year after that, espn is pitting all the greatest teams in college football history against USC ion their "professional" sim opinions no one could beat USC...

but a season later they were down by 12 in the 4th to that said USC team, in comes Young, down by a score 4th and Goal, in scores Young, a man possesed.

Young wins the best college football game since UM and BC and Young hasnt shown you anything? Young was 13-13 against USC to start the game, he hasnt shown you anything? Carolina Panthers were using Young as inspiration on the sidelines against Seattle, of youre never out of the game, and he hasnt shown you anything? Rushed for over 200 yds and Passed for Over 250 and hasnt shown you anything?

Ive read your posts you are no doubt a smart guy, but you are biased, and have already made up your mind on nothing tangible...

what has Cutler shown you that sets him apart from every other hyped noob coming out of college...

You've taken what i said way outta context. I've never contended his college career, he was very impressive. But if you think he's gonna be able to run around like that in the NFL than there are gonna be plenty of people "living with their eyes closed" cause their not gonna wanna see their franchise Qb get the snot knocked out of him. I'm biased, yes against QBs that run around like their playing on a playground and not executing the offensive system like its meant to be. Call it spoiled by Dan, call it whatever you want but I prefer a pocket passer and I'm entitled to that opinion just as anyone here is to theirs'. Give it up, there is no convincing me that he will be a solid NFL QB until if/when he does it, period.

I can respect your opinion, and hopefully if we get a chance at him we will take him, because as a pure passer, I also think Young has the tools.. I think he grades much better than alex smith did last year, throws harder and more accurate than leinart, is better overall than Mike Vick can ever be bacause Mike Vick has serious height issues for an NFL QB (algae crumpler is the only guy on the field he can see)

I think hes got more promise as a rookie than Kyle Orton did who was ready to start, more guts than Daunte, and more talent than Donovan, I just hope he has fun playing the game, because if he gets into a groove the sky's the limit for this guy.

i wasn't impressed with alex smith at all last year. and young has absolutely nothing on leinart in accuracy. arm strength isn't much better either.

ronrevog said:
I can respect your opinion, and hopefully if we get a chance at him we will take him, because as a pure passer, I also think Young has the tools.. I think he grades much better than alex smith did last year, throws harder and more accurate than leinart, is better overall than Mike Vick can ever be bacause Mike Vick has serious height issues for an NFL QB (algae crumpler is the only guy on the field he can see)

I think hes got more promise as a rookie than Kyle Orton did who was ready to start, more guts than Daunte, and more talent than Donovan, I just hope he has fun playing the game, because if he gets into a groove the sky's the limit for this guy.

Wow, some really bad comparisons there man. Alex Smith was the beneficiary of an extremely weak QB class. Kyle Orton? Well, I don't think I need to even say anything there. He protected the ball nothing more, no offense at all.

And I agree with Juan, Young doesn't even come close to Leinart's accuracy and touch on the ball. And I'm not much of a Leinart fan either.

Back
Top Bottom