skins get denver's 1st round pick in trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

skins get denver's 1st round pick in trade

finsnchips said:
1) Clever cap work.
2) Who cares.
3) Yes, absolutely owned.

There has to be more to it than clever cap work. They go out and get every FA every year and pay way above market value. Brunell's deal last year was absolutely ridiculous. I think it may have something to do with Snyder's willingness to dish out the big signing bonuses but I don't know how that affects the cap hit. Does a signing bonus figure in to it? Does a 10 mil signing bonus as part of a 20 mil deal mean only 10 mil hit the cap(not taking into account years of contract)?

It is all about the signing bonus! That is usually the only guaranteed part of the contract and that is why the players push for it. For instance, you could sign someone for a 100 million contract with a 5 million signing bonus for 5 years and if you backload the contract you can get away with paying the guy not much more than the signing bonus.

Oboy said:
Especially considering a lot of 'experts' are saying next years draft will be Loaded.
My brother (Denver fan) was so mad about this because he wanted to draft Justin Miller. If you think about, this works great for the Broncos. This gives Lenny Walls one more shot at CB. Plus I doubt the Redskins will a a 25th or lower pick. Then again, it's him.

THOMAS_54 said:
My brother (Denver fan) was so mad about this because he wanted to draft Justin Miller. If you think about, this works great for the Broncos. This gives Lenny Walls one more shot at CB. Plus I doubt the Redskins will a a 25th or lower pick. Then again, it's him.
trust... the Broncos absolutely :0wned: the 'Skins.

Skins at #25 all of a sudden????

I think Matt Jones is starting to gain some momentum....he would be perfect in the Gibbs Offense since he loves using an H-back/TE. Remember that Gibbs passed on Kellen Winslow in last years draft to get Sean Taylor but now he really needs a 6'6" receiving threat to play opposite Santana's 5'11" frame.

Back
Top Bottom