'Skins possible trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Skins possible trade

poisonphin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I couldn't think of a reason of why the Redskins would trade a 1st round pick next year, a 4th rounder next year, and a 3rd this year for the 25th overall pick. Then I thought of the possibility of a trade with the Redskins; the 2nd for the 9th and 25th. Maybe they did that trade just to be able to move up and take a QB or a WR that wouldn't be available. I would like to know if you guys think that this might happen.

M3590NJ973 said:
I couldn't think of a reason of why the Redskins would trade a 1st round pick next year, a 4th rounder next year, and a 3rd this year for the 25th overall pick. Then I thought of the possibility of a trade with the Redskins; the 2nd for the 9th and 25th. Maybe they did that trade just to be able to move up and take a QB or a WR that wouldn't be available. I would like to know if you guys think that this might happen.

I highly doubt it. For one, they would have to give up quite a bit more to move up to the two. Two, they have enough needs that they would probably rather have two impact players rather than one, and three, they are in desperate need of a CB and the nineth pick will be a good spot to pick one up.

Mort, for what's its worth said the trade was to get Jason Campbell

M3590NJ973 said:

I don't think it's enough either.

They don't have the picks to add so the only way the value is equaled out is if they add a player. I don't like Gardner (some do) and I've mentioned Ramsey (which people railed against), so I'm not sure who we'd be interested in or they would offer...other than those 2.

The reason I like Ramsey is that I think he IS better than Feely, although others disagree. Bringing in Ramsey..who has a cheaper contract than Feely...also takes out the possiblity of having to spend HUGE bonus money on one of the 2 QBs at the #2 spot in the draft, or any player for that matter at #2 with that type of trade. We could then TRY to trade Feely to Chicago for a 4th (not great value but it gets us out of his contract which escalates next year). Just an idea.

He just said that Gibbs and company has a serious intense workout with Campbell yesterday, and as soon as they were done, they made the trade.

If we had the #9 pick, we have a shot at one of the top 7 O players. Rolle and Pac Man possibly Merriman, Ware, or Johnson go top 10.

Phinsdude said:
Mort, for what's its worth said the trade was to get Jason Campbell

But why would they do that yesterday, and then just admit "yeah we want to use that pick on Cambell." If Miami wants him now, just for example, we could package a second and third or two seconds (these of course would all be acquired by trading down a few times) to move up to #24 to get him. They would be really dumb to do that trade yesterday, if one specific player was their goal.

Now if they want to move into the top 5, this trade was good, as now teams can contact them, and also they have more ammunition.

Back
Top Bottom