Skinz Want Kearse : Why Not O-Gun??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Skinz Want Kearse : Why Not O-Gun???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumors that the Skinz are now interested in Titans DE J. Kearse. They have just released DE B. Smith, and want a legit replacement....

We, on the other hand, are possibly going to be losing DE A. Ogunleye. If we tender him, we'll be looking for a 1st round compensation....

Why not make a trade offer to Washington for QB P. Ramsey???....

I have a very strong feeling, regardless of what Gibbs says, that P. Ramsey is leaving the Skinz. Why would they keep him when he's not going to play???....He wont be happy, and this has QB controversy written all over it....

Since the Skinz are looking at trades, I would think this trade offer {O-Gun for Ramsey} would appeal to them....

Just a thought....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

This is what i have said earlier but i see a couple of things here.

1) That owner loves big names ex: Bruce Smith

2) Kearse is easier to get becuase of Titans cap situation.

That owner is a crazy horse. He will build a team that is full of names but never quite makes it. remind you of anyone?

Can't trade O-Gun. He's not under contract. If Miami tenders him a contract, they would get a 1st and 3rd for compensation. If the Skins were to sign Kearse, they wouldn't have to give up picks (he's an UFA and wasn't tagged as a franchise player). Plus Kearse, when healthy is well...a Freak. Nobody really knows how O-Gun would play without JT on the other side and the Skins don't have anyone of JT's stature that would free up O-Gun like Taylor does.
As for Ramsey, he doesn't have a choice. He's under contract. And the Skins aren't gonna get rid of a young, experienced QB when they have an aging, somewhat injury prone veteran starting. Ramsey is gonna lose a lot of money by not reaching play time incentives...which also benifits the Skins money wise.

now that we have feeley i wouldnt want to lose ogun for ramsey... give me picks, or a star on the O-line

WE don't have Feeley yet. I would rather trade a 2005 conditional 2nd for RAMSEY over FEELEY any day of the week. Patience is a virtue!!

Originally posted by GreenFin
Can't trade O-Gun. He's not under contract. If Miami tenders him a contract, they would get a 1st and 3rd for compensation. If the Skins were to sign Kearse, they wouldn't have to give up picks (he's an UFA and wasn't tagged as a franchise player). Plus Kearse, when healthy is well...a Freak. Nobody really knows how O-Gun would play without JT on the other side and the Skins don't have anyone of JT's stature that would free up O-Gun like Taylor does.
As for Ramsey, he doesn't have a choice. He's under contract. And the Skins aren't gonna get rid of a young, experienced QB when they have an aging, somewhat injury prone veteran starting. Ramsey is gonna lose a lot of money by not reaching play time incentives...which also benifits the Skins money wise.

well, you could look at it the other way around. Kearse had Carter and they werent the deadly duo like they were suppose to be. I thought we handled those two quite well aside from the rookie mistakes this year.
I think the milkman makes a good point. the Gregg Williams connection.

I was leading the pro-ramsey bandwagon, but feeley is done chambers, get over it... contract terms are already agreed on and everything. Let's build around him, we can be successful with him, everything won't be on his shoulders. a couple less turnovers than fiedler and a couple more deep balls completed. Which is very possible if we upgrade the OL/WR

I would rather have a first round pick then ramsey. He is a decent QB, however he seems to have the Robb Johnson disease. It is amazing on how the sacks decreased when Tim Hasslebeck was playing qb.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
I was leading the pro-ramsey bandwagon, but feeley is done chambers, get over it... contract terms are already agreed on and everything. Let's build around him, we can be successful with him, everything won't be on his shoulders. a couple less turnovers than fiedler and a couple more deep balls completed. Which is very possible if we upgrade the OL/WR

I agree 17-0, I would rather have fiedler since he is already here.

In a sense of a controversy that is.

My thnking goes back to the draft. How could you not be looking to draft a QB in this class in our given situation? that is the thing with me. i have these guys targeted:

Rivers
Losman
Woods (trade down)
Grove (trade down or get with original trade down)
Andrews if he drops (not likely)
Wilfork (if he drops, not likely since he is losing the weight)

thats all so far.

i'm in agreement... instead of feeley i would rather keep fiedler, restructure his contract to a lower number, draft a QB in the first round, and a WR/OL with our other pick we get from O-gun.... build up the offense, not get a whole-new one. i think Fiedler isn't any worse than Feeley. (i don't think either are THAT bad).... give them good targets and a good O-line, we'll go far.

Kearse is just a better player 9 out of 10 team would take him. That one team would be Miami cause we dont pick up talent.

i wouldnt take him because he wouldnt make it through the whole season and wed have to give him a **** load of money.

Originally posted by finfan54
This is what i have said earlier but i see a couple of things here.

1) That owner loves big names ex: Bruce Smith

2) Kearse is easier to get becuase of Titans cap situation.

That owner is a crazy horse. He will build a team that is full of names but never quite makes it. remind you of anyone?

Sorry, i don't know how to spell steinbrenner !!! :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom