Skinz Want Kearse : Why Not O-Gun??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Skinz Want Kearse : Why Not O-Gun???

Originally posted by GreenFin
Can't trade O-Gun. He's not under contract. If Miami tenders him a contract, they would get a 1st and 3rd for compensation. If the Skins were to sign Kearse, they wouldn't have to give up picks (he's an UFA and wasn't tagged as a franchise player). Plus Kearse, when healthy is well...a Freak. Nobody really knows how O-Gun would play without JT on the other side and the Skins don't have anyone of JT's stature that would free up O-Gun like Taylor does.
As for Ramsey, he doesn't have a choice. He's under contract. And the Skins aren't gonna get rid of a young, experienced QB when they have an aging, somewhat injury prone veteran starting. Ramsey is gonna lose a lot of money by not reaching play time incentives...which also benifits the Skins money wise.

That's what I originally thought......that we can't trade ogun cuz he'a a rFA and not under contract.
But damned if we ain't trading for a RFA QB in feeley tho !!
:confused: ;)

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
now that we have feeley i wouldnt want to lose ogun for ramsey... give me picks, or a star on the O-line

Sorry, but i don't understand what you mean. What differencew does ogun make now that we have Feeley? I don't see any connection. :confused:

Forget about Ramsey guys. Feeley's the starter like it or not. We need o-line and WR and hopefully Wilfork if he drops to us.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by DeDolfan

That's what I originally thought......that we can't trade ogun cuz he'a a rFA and not under contract.
But damned if we ain't trading for a RFA QB in feeley tho !!
:confused: ;)

The Eagles were gonna put a first round tender on Feeley but they knew nobody would bite and they'd lose him for nothing next year.
I believe the way things work with our trade for a RFA is we work out a trade scenario with the Eagles and agree to terms with Feeley on a contract. Then he signs a contract (for the first round tender) with Philly and gets traded to the Fins where his deal is reworked to what they agreed to before the trade.
Whew... My head hurts now.

Originally posted by canesandphins1
we can trade ogun rights just like we did for feeley and atlanta did last year

OK, help me out here.

Trading for the rights would mean that if we traded for feeley's rights, then he would essentially become our own RFA, right? Then, we would have to go thru the tendering process with him as far as tendering him, etc., etc. Then we may still lose him anyway. If that's the case, why reade a cinditional #2 pick for the rights to a player you may not wind up keeping? Doesn't make any sense to me. But it doesn't sound like we're trading for rights. Sounds like a done deal already and waiting for 3/3 to roll around to make it official.

i think the eagles can agree to adjusting the compensation of an RFA if they find something they like.. whether it be a different pick or another player, then the only thing standing in the way is the new team would ahve to work out a contract, which i believe weve done

Back
Top Bottom